How can a bar not be busy on a Saturday night?

this Saturday I'm literally doing nothing but last Saturday night I actually went out. went downtown to a couple spots and finished the night off at a country bar/nightclub

but it was insanely quiet for some reason , I expected it to be packed as the college kids are back but hardly any showed up that night ( its a mixed ages bar so they'd only be a % of the crowd there ) and the downtown in general seemed slower than normal. at least what I remember of Saturday nights in that city

anyways I looked around online trying to figure out what was going on , the bar has a busy facebook page and it had pictures posted from the week before showing it was packed that night and very busy. so perhaps I showed up on an off night and people just didn't come out for whatever reasons

although I also saw some bad reviews online for the bar which seemed to be unfair and inaccurate and perhaps those are hurting business too

02