I’m insanely depressed, I want to lose weight... but I don’t want to put in the effort what do I do?

I have a lot of stuff going on in my life right now. And food is my only comfort, so restricting it won’t help and I binge a lot because I feel some temporary numbness. I want to get rid of all of this extra weight but I don’t what to do this to myself. I’m going to be even more depressed than I am now. Why do I do?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• either eat less than you burn or burn more than you eat...
    there are many options out there which can help you achieve your goals
    however be aware some of the options can be harmful to your body and health or if you find you are pregnant harmful to the fetus too

so speak with a doctor and see what options they can advise
    never get any of these dodgy weight loss meds from online as they either dont work or end up causing huge health problems

1|0
    0|0
    • correction Eat less than you burn or burn more than you eat
      not less than you eat lol ooops

Most Helpful Girl

• Its all in your head.
    Go to the mall by an outfit thats the size you want to be. Try it on when you get home.
    Write a leger every part of where the outfit doest fit.
    Under that write down your actual weight. Mount a 8x10 mirror on your frig. to have to look yourself in the eye when you go for that pitty snack.
    Get a gym membership and schedule your bew life around working out. Showers at gym so you can fill it into your life and not have to go home just to get ready and leave again. Not only will you like yourself more you will meet others and start your new healthy lifestyle and in a short time you get that outfit you bought some months ago and you wear it out on the town with one of your new friends and celebrate your achievement.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• Lol you can't lose weight and not put in effort. Thats just lazy, in life in general there's no shortcuts. So get out of your rutt and eat a healthy diet to start and do some light cardio. You'll see as much change as you put effort into it

1|0
    0|0
  • Go to the doctor.

This type of question comes up time and again and that's always the answer. I don't think you're depressed by the way you describe it (not that I can really make that call). But I do think you at least have an eating disorder which generally gets people stuck in a cycle of self loathing, you feel bad, you eat, that makes you feel bad. The weight is just a reminder of that.

Please see a doctor before it gets worse.

1|0
    0|0
  • If you dont want to put in the effort then there's no point in starting. That's the harsh reality of the situation. You're not going to lose weight just by wishing upon a star!

0|0
    0|0
  • Find something else to comfort you. For me it was biking and hiking.
    And whenever you feel like needing some excitation, dont go for food, but that other thing instead.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just the usual.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes