Help! Do you think this is an eating disorder?

My eating habits are so weird. They always have been.
I can go weeks/months with eating one (or two) meal a day without being hungry. Mind you, I don’t usually eat big, hearty meals. But like once or twice a year, I will get this insane hunger that just takes over my brain. I’ll start binge eating for a while. I do have some sense of self control when these things happen. I can stop, and I do sometimes... SOMETIMES 👀😂

I don’t get it. These weird binge eating periods can last 1-3 months and i gain a little weight. But of course when it’s over, and I’m not hungry anymore, all that weight disappears.

And the thing is I’ve ALWAYS been a little underweight. I’m currently 97 lbs but sometimes that might drop to the 80’s and 70’s range.

The binge periods usually bring me up around 100-115 lbs. For my height, I should be 100lbs
But whether I’m underweight, overweight, or just right... I’m completely fine. I don’t have body image issues. I don’t think of myself as fat. My self esteem is okay for the most part.

So I’m not understanding why my body is acting this way. This has been going on since I was 14. And sometimes I end up passing out because I don’t eat much. I try to force myself to eat more but I feel SO FULL. It’s kind of exhausting trying to eat when I know I’m not hungry.

I do have an iron deficiency that contributes to the fainting, but that doesn’t relate to my eating habits. Life be weird...😒😒😒😒Help! Do you think this is an eating disorder?

110

Most Helpful Guys

• I've had much the same as you for most of my life since I too was about 14. I've had just 1 meal today around noon plus a light snack an hour or so ago (it's about 11:30pm now).
    It confounds me too! I'll go months like this, then suddenly I'll start eating full size meals twice or more a day. I've noticed some seasonality to this though.
    Have you?

• You sound exactly like a past friend of mine who lived till he was in his mid 80's. He told me his doctor told him to eat a quart of ice cream every day. You dont need to eat it all at one time. Break it up throughout the day. Dont think about if your hungry or not. Then eat one or two meals that have both carbs and proteins. If you like hamburgers. You can also add some wheatgerm to the ground beef. You won't even taste it

Most Helpful Girl

• Have you gone to the doctor and gotten a blood test? Not sure since I don't think you do it foe weightloss purposes.