What is your favorite cultural dish and beverage to accompany it?

One of my favorite cultural dishes is chicken tawook (a kebab sandwich) with extra fattoush or tabouli, hummus and toasted pita. Oddly enough, a brown ale seems to pair well with it.

What are your favorites?What is your favorite cultural dish and beverage to accompany it?

712

Most Helpful Girl

• Anything that involves Callalo. You can eat it with virtually anything.

Ackee and saltfish. Curry Goat, or chicken. Beef Stew. Rice and Peas. Jerk Chicken. Beef Kidney (I only eat this once in a blue moon). I LOVE Jamacian Patties. However, not the type you buy in the U. S, or get from Carribean restaurants in the U. S. You have to go to JAMAICA to get it. OMG, my mouth is watering.. I love being half-Jamacian.

Drinks? I forget some of the local drinks. I love Ting... but, I forgot the others.

Most Helpful Guys

• Nothing better than a real italian pizza, it tastes so much better than frozen pizza or pizza made elsewhere in the world. I think a cola goes well with it

• For full meal - in warm weather, Qeema Karaila with Salty Lassi.

Karaila = Bitter Gourd
    Qeema = Ground Meat (beef)
    Lassee = Who doesn't know Lassee :)

For a snack - Aaloo Samosa (with super spicy sauce) along with freshly brewed tea made with milk and sugar.
    Aaloo - potato
    Samosa - South Asian version of empañada.