What is your favorite cultural dish and beverage to accompany it?

One of my favorite cultural dishes is chicken tawook (a kebab sandwich) with extra fattoush or tabouli, hummus and toasted pita. Oddly enough, a brown ale seems to pair well with it.

What are your favorites?What is your favorite cultural dish and beverage to accompany it?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Anything that involves Callalo. You can eat it with virtually anything.

Ackee and saltfish. Curry Goat, or chicken. Beef Stew. Rice and Peas. Jerk Chicken. Beef Kidney (I only eat this once in a blue moon). I LOVE Jamacian Patties. However, not the type you buy in the U. S, or get from Carribean restaurants in the U. S. You have to go to JAMAICA to get it. OMG, my mouth is watering.. I love being half-Jamacian.

Drinks? I forget some of the local drinks. I love Ting... but, I forgot the others.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Nothing better than a real italian pizza, it tastes so much better than frozen pizza or pizza made elsewhere in the world. I think a cola goes well with it

0|0
    0|0
  • For full meal - in warm weather, Qeema Karaila with Salty Lassi.

Karaila = Bitter Gourd
    Qeema = Ground Meat (beef)
    Lassee = Who doesn't know Lassee :)

For a snack - Aaloo Samosa (with super spicy sauce) along with freshly brewed tea made with milk and sugar.
    Aaloo - potato
    Samosa - South Asian version of empañada.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 6

• Labneh and tea!
    😂😂😂
    Tikkah/lamb shank and laban ayran

0|1
    0|0
  • Wow you like lebanese food! Well these are my favs too, add to them kebbeh, cheese rakakat and shawarma

0|0
    0|0
  • It is quite complicated for me to explain West African food but it is very good and we have a lot of beverages with it

0|0
    0|0
  • Just out of curiosity, what would be a non-cultural dish?

0|0
    0|0
    • "Non cultural"? Anything American. Without doubt the WORST cousine on Earth. Actually, it's not even a cuisine. Tasteless bland combination of ingredients.

• Onion. , potato chicken stew with tomato sauce and garlic.

0|0
    0|0
  • Turkish food

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 10

• Country fried steak in brown gravy, rice, black eyed peas, collards, and real sweet tea. Some pepper vinegar for the collards, of course.

0|0
    0|0
  • Mango Lassi and Sag Gosht (lamb in a spinach sauce. Northern Indian

0|1
    0|0
  • Probably persian kebab if Im being honest, they're just so satisfying.

0|0
    0|0
  • malaysian pineapple fried rice, with a cup of grass jelly milk tea

0|0
    0|0
  • Torta de jamón y queso, y Jarritos de limon. Si. Muy bueno.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know what cultural dishes are, so I couldn't say. I just eat food, dunno its origin.

0|0
    0|0
  • Portuguese stew? I think it would be called that in English (cozido à Portuguesa)

0|0
    0|0
  • Sinigang and just normal water

0|0
    0|0
  • I like puranpoli
    Its our maharashtrian dish

0|0
    0|0
  • Jerk pork with an ice cold beer

0|0
    0|0