Do you think a vegan diet is more harmful than good?

There was a news story about a vegan mother who killed her child by making him/her go vegan. The child didn’t get the nutrients he/she needed and passed away from malnutrition. Mom was sentenced to prison for murder.

I’m not vegan and I find it hard to believe that we can survive off of only plants.
  • Yes, it’s harmful
    Vote A
  • No, it’s completely fine
    Vote B
  • Other
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• It really depends on how the diet is done.. I do know that humans evolveds as omniverous, and nothing can change that.. There is a special place in hell though for idiot vegans that try to force their cats or dogs to go vegan.. People like that should never own pets.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm sorry.. maybe you have just been confused about what it means or something else... but thats the only actual diet at all that exists... nothing else is normal.. people don't just eat animals... but because so many people are used to it they have no choice/ find it difficult to change... thats the only reason its still happening... its not like people wouldn't stop if they could... everyone knows you don't treat animals like food... I'm only glad no one seems to be suffering over the fact that they will most likely live the rest of their days eating animals while other families will not have to and be more prepared...

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I voted other on this. A vegan diet requires knowledge on nutrition. Especially when it comes to children. It is doable to compose healthy vegan meals with enough nutrition to provide what a child needs, but it can´t be done without a great deal of knowledge. That´s why parents are usually strongly discouraged from feeding their kids an all vegan diet.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• I don't know if it's harmful or not, but the few Vegans I know eventually take on a weird, corpse-like appearance. They're also "Progressives" and worried about "Global Warming." Thirty years ago they were worried about a Global Winter. In other words, they pick up and trend that comes along. But I only know a few, so maybe I'm judging harshly.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can live of a plant only diet and get the nutrition that you need but we are omnivores by nature and depend a lot on animal products for our protein and various other things
    If you decide to go fully plant only diet you need to put some thought into it
    Generally a balanced diet is what works best

0|0
    0|0
  • I've been always a pure vegetarian
    And please don't believe everything you hear. Sometimes it's way too funny that other person can die laughing and you'd land in jail...😂
    It's not harmful at all, rather it was really funny that you asked this kinda question

0|0
    0|0
  • It is only harmful when people don't know what to cook. Vegans need to become well educated cooks to have a well-balanced vegan diet or they may become unhealthy from it. I tried it, it was much harder than I thought it would be.

1|0
    0|0
  • When the solution to not eating meat or animal products is to eat foods that are far more processed and lack protein... it's a problem. I had vegan roommates that both got sick due to massive protein deficiencies

0|0
    0|0
  • You should not force any belief on a child you should let them grow and make their own decisions, kid's will eat what they want, any restrictions on that then yes you are responsible

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, its hard to meet all of your nutritional needs from plants alone. I've heard that vegans take supplements to balance their diet.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only if you don't balance out the vitamins and mineral intake correctly

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• It's ok if done correctly but it is very difficult and hard work to be able to get a balanced diet without animal products. For the record I would never become a vegan.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes definitely

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes