Do you think a vegan diet is more harmful than good?

There was a news story about a vegan mother who killed her child by making him/her go vegan. The child didn’t get the nutrients he/she needed and passed away from malnutrition. Mom was sentenced to prison for murder.

I’m not vegan and I find it hard to believe that we can survive off of only plants.
  • Yes, it’s harmful
  • No, it’s completely fine
  • Other
    Vote C

310

Most Helpful Guys

• It really depends on how the diet is done.. I do know that humans evolveds as omniverous, and nothing can change that.. There is a special place in hell though for idiot vegans that try to force their cats or dogs to go vegan.. People like that should never own pets.

• I'm sorry.. maybe you have just been confused about what it means or something else... but thats the only actual diet at all that exists... nothing else is normal.. people don't just eat animals... but because so many people are used to it they have no choice/ find it difficult to change... thats the only reason its still happening... its not like people wouldn't stop if they could... everyone knows you don't treat animals like food... I'm only glad no one seems to be suffering over the fact that they will most likely live the rest of their days eating animals while other families will not have to and be more prepared...

Most Helpful Girl

• I voted other on this. A vegan diet requires knowledge on nutrition. Especially when it comes to children. It is doable to compose healthy vegan meals with enough nutrition to provide what a child needs, but it can´t be done without a great deal of knowledge. That´s why parents are usually strongly discouraged from feeding their kids an all vegan diet.