Why do some bars have free drinks for ladies after a certain hour? Like how is that fair to everyone?

Or sometimes they'll have men pay more for a drink than womenWhy do some bars have free drinks for ladies after a certain hour? Like how is that fair to everyone?

37106

Most Helpful Guys

• As far I've seen after visiting more than 10 different countries , this happens most in united states. I've been to Cali and Vegas and there was many bars and night clubs that offer the girls 1-2 drinks for free and after they pay half price or something like that while the guys pay full price from the beginning. Why! I have no idea. Here in Sweden, there is no such thing that anyone get a free drink at a bar or a night club. All pay for their own drinks, it's a part of the equality movement here in sweden

• I see this all the time in France as well, it's crazy how it has the opposite effect on me and makes me go to a bar where i can pay for my drinks and not be used to bring in more people.

• Women make them money. Bars and clubs try to keep their gender ratio to 50~70% women because their primary income comes from a minority of men who buy women expensive drinks. Having mostly women means men want to get in their more, driving up traffic and the guys who do get in have more opportunities to buy these drinks. By

• By handing out drink to women they incentivize them to come and stay, which means they can take advantage of the men who will come and stay.

• And yes, it's not exactly fair. But there's no business model in girls buying drinks for guys and chatting up guys.

Most Helpful Girls

• To incentivize more females to come.
    More females = more males = more money overall to them.

• Not going to lie. This is a very true post.

• Thank you for the MHG Ms Kenni :) The next drinks on me! ... lol

• Lol you're on princess!

• I mean, I don't drink and I would never drink, but this is unfair. Where is equal treatment here?