Why do some bars have free drinks for ladies after a certain hour? Like how is that fair to everyone?

Or sometimes they'll have men pay more for a drink than womenWhy do some bars have free drinks for ladies after a certain hour? Like how is that fair to everyone?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• As far I've seen after visiting more than 10 different countries , this happens most in united states. I've been to Cali and Vegas and there was many bars and night clubs that offer the girls 1-2 drinks for free and after they pay half price or something like that while the guys pay full price from the beginning. Why! I have no idea. Here in Sweden, there is no such thing that anyone get a free drink at a bar or a night club. All pay for their own drinks, it's a part of the equality movement here in sweden

0|1
    0|0
    • I see this all the time in France as well, it's crazy how it has the opposite effect on me and makes me go to a bar where i can pay for my drinks and not be used to bring in more people.

• Women make them money. Bars and clubs try to keep their gender ratio to 50~70% women because their primary income comes from a minority of men who buy women expensive drinks. Having mostly women means men want to get in their more, driving up traffic and the guys who do get in have more opportunities to buy these drinks. By

1|2
    0|0
    • By handing out drink to women they incentivize them to come and stay, which means they can take advantage of the men who will come and stay.

• And yes, it's not exactly fair. But there's no business model in girls buying drinks for guys and chatting up guys.

Most Helpful Girls

• To incentivize more females to come.
    More females = more males = more money overall to them.

2|2
    1|0
    • Not going to lie. This is a very true post.

• Show All
    • Thank you for the MHG Ms Kenni :) The next drinks on me! ... lol

• Lol you're on princess!

• I mean, I don't drink and I would never drink, but this is unfair. Where is equal treatment here?

1|1
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 104

• Just like clubs, they want the guys to come for the girls so they give you ladies an extra incentive to go. I see that all the time here, just enjoy the free drinks

1|2
    0|0
    • Not sure i can anymore. But thank you for your input.

• It's not fair when comparing the male to female customers but its works in favour of the business. Free drinks means more women show up, guys then know that more women will be at that bar and so more guys show up. Guys always end up outnumbering the women in a bar and since their drinks aren't free, the company still makes money

3|0
    0|0
  • If i have a shop, all will pay the same... even if she dances fully nude in my shop, she still have to pay the same price...

If i was married and i have a shop, the only people who will not pay are my future wife and family and close friends that i choose...

But basicly only the wife and kids would not pay

1|0
    0|0
  • Who says it ever was fair!
    It's business men need sex..
    And after certain hrs..
    Getting ladies drunk increases chances for men to get laid.. With them.. So it's a actually unfair to women..
    Free stuff gets them drunk and get men laid! Which most men won't get with women!..
    So it's more fair deal to men!. It's just the perception to see things sweetie!..

1|1
    0|0
  • because it attracts those guys who think that they can get laid, the more women that are there drinking the more likely they will be successful, sad really to objectify anyone like this as it shows that their customers are only valued as a means of bringing in the custom and they do not care about their safety or well being

1|0
    0|0
  • Eh, not fair, necessarily, but it's decent marketing. Bringing in gorgeous women (women coming to dance and get cheap booze) will get guys flocking to the bar to even just watch, let alone talk to (or hit on) some women.

I don't think it would work the other way around - plying guys with drinks... women probably wouldn't make the effort to go out and get the guys. Not entirely sure why, though I think that a part of it is "The trying to be aloof or coy, and expecting the guys to do the work to get the date (The impressing, the asking, etc)

0|1
    0|0
    • You'd be shocked to know women also go to bars for the men. So once again that's just bs to me.

• It’s not fair but it’s just a business move that a lot of bars/ clubs do in order to bring in more customers.

More women are gonna show up and obviously gonna stay longer than the happy hour. Plus , more women equal most likely dudes are gonna show up and pay the price of drinking but will stay because they’re trying to talk to the girls.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well, it may be disgustting and unethical but its legal and for some bars its profitable.

Lucky for me Im not used to search for women there, and the best places for music I know doesn't say things like that.

1|1
    0|0
  • Because it attracts more men to the bar and the men will make up for any money lost that night due to free drinks.

1|0
    0|0
  • If venues didn't have lots of girls, guys wouldn't go as there'd be fewer girls to pick up. So they lure in more girls with free drinks.

If I'm out with a friend and it's a sausage fest, we're out of there to find a venue where we can meet girls pretty quickly. A good dancefloor can only occupy me for so long.

0|1
    0|0
  • Well it isn't very fair, but trust me that you won't find many single guys complaining about it. Believe it or not, the purpose is to get men in the bar. The strategy is to get more women in and drinking. Men know that women are going to be there, and they won't have to buy them drinks right away to start a convo. So eventually everyone gets drunk and the men end up spending more on drinks than the bar gave away to the women in the first place.

0|0
    0|0
  • They do it to attract male customers. Guys go where the girls are. Guys drink more then girls do. Guys usually have more money than girls do, so they buy them drinks that the girls wouldn't ordinarily buy for themselves, so the girls start showing up sooner. Guys tip better than girls, especially if attractive girl barmaids are involved. The bar gets a reputation as a good place to meet women and it's cheaper to give away drinks than to take out TV ads.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its marketing, the men will show up and spend money where the women show up. Free drinks encourages the women to show up which draws the men.

2|2
    0|0
  • It attracts whores and the kind of guys that go to bars to get drunk like whores. Both of those kinds of people are meant for each other.
    At least if they are there they can stay away from the good people.

2|1
    0|0
  • It is simply a marketing tool. Single men will go where there are women. If ladies drink for free, more of them will go.

The opposite, will not work because, no matter how you feel about it, women will look upon having to pay while men drink for free as being sexist and they will not, in general, go to that place. Double standard? Perhaps, but it works so businesses will continue to do it.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not fair. It's sexist, but it gets overlooked because when people think sexism they think it';s in favor of a man. Just like domestic violence or sexual assault. Smart people know it's unfair on both sides but most let it go past their heads.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cause they know that women are pretty much advertisement for men to go inside the club or bar and drop stacks of money.

If there where no women, the club or bar would be empty

0|1
    0|0
  • Because they need to get enough women to come or the guys won't. The guys are only interested in going to a bar for the women.

0|2
    0|0
  • Because dudes who want to fuck like the idea of women having easier access to alcohol as inebriated women are more likely to find a guy attractive with beer goggles on.

0|2
    0|0
  • They want to attract more women because they know that attracts more men. It's good for their business.

1|0
    0|0
  • Happy hour with free drinks attracts women there which makes both happy.
    Wing nights and Football game nights get guys to go there in the colder months.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because men generally drink more, especially when put in a group, thus spend more. So by encouraging women to come in, they hope to draw in groups of men.

0|0
    0|0
    • May not be fair, but its business. It obviously works as has been done in one guise or another for years

• Life's not fair. Big deal.

If I was running that kind of bar, I'd give that policy a try, too.

0|2
    1|0
  • Men spend money on women. So if you have more women then more men come.
    Ladies free cover butguys $20
    Ladies loose dress code.
    Men strict dress code.
    Ladies free drinks men full price and pay for everything.
    More women more money.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah - what other guys said. Some bars (especially those who don't really have the decor to attract women) need to do something like this or it ends up being a sausage fest night after night.

0|0
    0|0
  • If feminism was about equality, they would not accept free drinks unless they were also offered to men. But feminism is all about the benefits with none of the responsibilities, so they accept free drinks.

0|0
    0|1
  • They want more women in the bar, and they want them to stay.
    More women = more men there trying to pick them up = more money for the bar.

1|0
    0|0
  • It can be an effective business strategy. The losses from providing free drinks to women attracts women which can be more than compensated by the male customers interested in the women.

It's something I often recommend to a bartender friend of mine who is struggling with his business. Things dry up quickly when there are no female customers.

I think fairness is a very counter-productive way to think about things. Here you have two general demographics: women who, more often than not, just want to have a good time with their girlfriends and drink and dance. Then you have men who, more often than not, want women. The bar offering ladies' nights offers a nice arrangement that appeals to both of these demographics.

0|1
    0|0
    • Yes, it's exactly that, it's just the way things are, man need to pay and women are used to attract men

• They figure if they give drinks to women then it will bring in more men. Then the men will make up there losses by buying more drinks to talk with the women.

1|1
    0|0
  • If you build it they will come. Get ladies to show up and that will attract guys. It just makes good business sense.

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 35

• Awww, isn't it sweet you still see the world as fair.
    Actually the promo was dedigned
    For the guys.
    Women come to bar to drink free
    Men come to barand its not a sausage fest
    Win Win

0|0
    0|0
  • It is a business strategy. Attract more women as there is more men at the bar or club naturally. This is a strategy chosen by men themselves who may own or manage businesses. Does that make it fair? No. But it is their decision to do so as a marketing technique.

0|0
    0|0
  • I know if i get free drinks, i drink more and the peeps with me buy more.

Also, I feel, and this is only my belief, bartenders know most men and women going to bars are looking to hook up.

Get a woman really loose and she will go home with almost any guy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Very few woman would risk getting raped by going without clothes for a free drink. They might do it once but after seeing how dangerous their time at the bar is - they will never do it again.

1|0
    0|2
  • Because clubs and bars know if there are more women, more men are likely to come in search of women. That's why club promoters are literally paid to try and get females to come to their bar with offers of skipping the line or VIP.

0|0
    0|0
  • It can work in a mans advantage. That's less drinks they need to buy a woman that they want to talk too. Also it will bring in more women which will up their chances to meeting someone they're compatible with. Look at the positive sides of things.

0|0
    0|5
  • Because women get men to bars. Women don’t go out to bars a lot so it’s an easy way to get them there.

2|0
    0|0
  • "Ladie's Night," Just Polite.
    "Happy Hour"... Wheels and Deals for Everyone under the Fun Sun, hun. xxoo

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m pretty sure a MAN made those rules... plus if you don’t like their rules, don’t go there. Easy! Just like anything else.
    Besides... I doubt men would complain... considering there’s always too many dicks on the dance floor as oppose to women... according to this song lol 😂😂😁
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xk1kwfK848Y

It’s weord that you’re a girl and complaining lol especially when it’s them men who applied these rules... xD

0|0
    1|1
    • This girl doesn’t want to lose her free drinks 🤣

• Show All
    • @vald9inches How pathetic making assumptions. I don’t even drink at all.
      I could pass for a 16 year old.. where as you, that’s doubtful. There’s not very many people with good genes like me. And honestly you’d wish you could get someone like me.. it’s not cocky or conceited it’s simply honest. But you can take that as you will and think what you like.

I’ve no idea what your issue is.. I simply stated it’s rather preposterous for a girl to even question these rules when men themselves created these rules... having said that does not imply I go to bars nor that I’m defending these rules... simply seems rather senseless to question it when the people it’s supposedly being “unfair” to, are the ones who want it that way.

Getting free drinks is good for whoever likes to drink.
      Anyway, you seem rather ignorant assuming stuff and judging without a clue.

Lack of common sense &making assumptions are by far the most annoying &unappealing attributes someone can possess.

• @Женнй well didn't you make an assumption that men created these "rules"? and yes i agree that when people make assumptions are the most annoying and unappealing attributes someone can possess ;P

• It's not fair at all but they don't look at it the same way you're looking at it. It attracts women, men know women will be there so they go as well. It's marketing. Sadly.

0|2
    0|0
  • I manage a bar and I can tell you that it is not suppose to be fair. Attract the ladies and the guys will follow

0|2
    0|3
  • Because men don’t want to go to a bar full of other men unless it’s a gay bar so it’s a way to get more women into the bar. I don't know why people have a problem with this

0|2
    0|1
  • I guess its supposed to attract more women which then will attract more men - more money for the bar/club. Sounds kinda dumb but seems to work.

0|1
    0|0
  • Because bars need females to get man going to them. it's fair because for every girl in a bar there is 10 guys willinh to buy drinks for themselves and females. the more females there is at that curtain bar the more money they make

0|1
    0|0
  • It’s a marketing ploy. Attract women and the men will flock. It will only stop when the money it makes them stops.

0|0
    0|0
  • No one if forcing these men to buy drinks. And a business can do what they want.

1|0
    1|1
  • Business. Bring girls to your bar, you'll bring more boys to your bar, who in turn will spend more money.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because if you get girls the guys will come and pay twice as many for drinks to make a profit. I totally disagree with it though and highly urge women not to buy into is as its extremely dangerous as someone who works in the nightlife, party industry and has traveled and partied a lot I've heard awful stories and experiences bar tenders deliberately putting lots of alcohol or actually spiking girls drinks so it's easy for guys to have their wicked way with them. Their not in the interest of letting you and your girlfriends have a good night rather in the interest of letting the men paying for the drinks having a good night, it's a trap and don't fall for it.

0|1
    0|0
  • I've never been in a situation like this. I've heard of certain bars giving women cheaper or free entry on 'ladies nights', but if you don't like that, go to another club. Although I have been in situations were i've been in a long line for a club of 80% men with female friends, we are taken out of the line and let in much faster. I don't really see this as that much of a problem since club owners and managers really try to pursue a 50-50 ratio. Since women are less likely to go out clubbing in general, stuff like free drinks, cheap entry or faster entry are within their interest. Straight men are going to complain if it's a massive sausage fest.

0|0
    0|0
  • Men don't need anyone to cater to them, it makes them even worse people.

0|0
    0|5
  • they also have the rules in which they dont allow women to enter if they dont wear heels

0|0
    0|1
  • No ladies, no men, no bar.

Lots of ladies, lots of men, huge profits.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wonder if it would really work that way if I went to a straight bar next time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Life is not fair darling

2|0
    0|0
  • More girls attract more guys simple

0|3
    0|0
  • I've never been to a bar like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's just one of the perks of being a lady!

0|0
    1|0
  • LMAO what a sign

0|0
    0|0
  • Just to pull more men’s

0|1
    0|0
  • Coz why not

0|0
    0|4
  • Show more from Girls