Is it wrong I told my co worker to “hurry the fuck up”?

She’s a server. And her big ass was so slow. I was behind her and I had to do an order. She was in my way and she was dragging her feet, so I told her to hurry the fuck up.
Updates:
It wasn’t a joke. I wanted her to hurry the fuck up.
Lazy ass fatass servers.

0|1

Most Helpful Girls

• Let me ask you this question, if you didn't think it was wrong to word it that way to your coworker, what's your point of seeking validation on here?

It's not "wrong" to tell her to hurry up, but I think the way you worded your sentence COULD make you seem mean and unprofessional, especially if other people heard you as well

3|4
    0|0
    • No lol. No one else heard me xD

• Show All
    • No your looking at it wrong telling her "hurry the fuck up" is mean and degrading especially if customers can hear. But the way I worded it was vulgarly playful and funny.

• @StarsInTheEyes Now that I know what he does, I wonder the exact same thing: why does he need validation here for his cooking all the time for a job he does everyday? Doesn't speak well for his confidence and skills as a cook. Not trying to make a dig here, but seriously.

• Using foul language at work could her you fired. I would've told her the same thing. But... Next time try "let's move it or pick up the pace or how about working and not standing around."
    One thing I don't tolerate is people who are at work and who don't work. They stand around or are slow. Pisses me off and I also tend to raise my voice with the occasional curse word.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Yeah. Kinda rude. There was a woman at my last job. She was heavy set and had trouble breathing, especially when she was nervous. Some people wanted her gone. But I thought she was fun to work with, and she was really good with the customers. She just had some kind of health issue. I noticed she breathed easier if I just talked to her.

0|2
    0|0
  • Did something similar at my last job. I got fired. Restaurant work can be stressful.

1|1
    0|1
    • Lmao I’m hoping for it. These people are like dishwashers. Their dishwashers don’t even know how to set up a pit.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 32

• Its wrong to say that to someone you work with! You could have just just walked around her or told her to “please hurry up”
    You could be fired for that.

2|3
    0|0
  • I would have felt I am really slow and he wanted to point it out, I really need to be faster.

0|2
    0|1
  • I can see why you'd do that, but I'd advise against it in the future. Say the same words but without the "aggressive" undertone.

Unless you're all relaxed with each other in the workplace. I know I could say that to my team leader and he wouldn't bat an eye, but in that context it's more like banter.

0|0
    0|0
  • Um you're very rude for talking to someone like that. Especially at work. Even if she was slow, you could've been nicer about it. I'm sure you do things that annoy others but they don't say anything to you. Treat others like you want to be treated and stop being childish in a professional workplace.

1|0
    0|0
  • that's mean. yes it's wrong and quite unprofessional

1|2
    1|0
  • Here in Ontario that could get you fired. Act that way to a customer and it WILL get you fired.

0|1
    0|1
    • What about being a man and dressing up like a woman?

• Show All
    • I'm not used to being objectified. But it's starting and it's giving me the creeps. I started attending the sexual assault group in town to figure out how to cope with all of this.

• I hope it helps you cope because not a lot of people can get support they need.

• You're a fucking asshole and have no right to be like to a coworker

2|2
    0|1
  • You should tell her in a nice way. Maybe she has a bad day. Everyone has a bad day.

1|2
    0|0
  • Maybe say it nicer next time... words hurt.

1|2
    0|0
    • Next time I will say. You’re in my way. And your lack of work ethic bothers me. So hurry the fuck up.

• Show All
    • Infatuated

• I am so sorry you have to work with such crazy people. :((

• It's rude and it could get you fired. That's not appropriate in any way.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, you should have said it nicely or in a less offensive way.

0|0
    0|0
  • Thats very mean and inappropriate

0|1
    0|0
  • Dick move, bro! Serving tables sucks!!

2|1
    0|0
  • Yes it was wrong. And highly unprofessional.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yup rude could of said it nicely

3|3
    0|0
  • That's really rude.
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

2|2
    0|0
  • Its rude.

1|2
    0|0
  • Rude

1|3
    0|0
  • Did it work? 😂

1|2
    0|0
  • That is mean

0|1
    0|0
  • it's a bit rude i guess

0|0
    0|0
  • i would have yelled at her too

0|1
    2|1
  • It's kind of rude. Don't swear

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes Swoley-kins, that was rude.

- Your stalker <3

0|1
    0|0
  • That’s highly unprofessional, and it could get you fired. Ask politely if it’s obvious that it’s too much for you to have some patience. And what makes you think you have the right to judge someone based on their size huh? Judging from your whole profile you look like nothing but a wanna-be frat guy. And you know, maybe I’m wrong, I don’t know you so I could be. But you don’t have the right to judge other people like that.

1|0
    1|0
    • Probably not a good idea to tell someone they shouldn't judge based on looks, and then do that very thing yourself. Doesn't set a good example, yknow?

• You could've just asked her politely to move. I know it's irritating, but try to be kinder next time...

1|1
    0|0
  • Obviously.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe a little rude but justified

1|2
    0|0
  • Sounds like you wouldn't have phrased it in the same way if she were just as slow but thin and gorgeous.

3|2
    1|0
  • This is f’ed up

1|4
    0|1
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 29

• Gentlemen generally don't use the F Bomb in front of ladies, especially employees. You are asking for a big, fat lawsuit and soon the big fat server will own the restaurant and be telling you to hurry up, while she's filing her nails in your old office.

0|0
    0|0
  • You were an --- for saying that you should have said "Excuse me please hurry up or move." Now if she turned around and said "What is fuck--- problem." You would be writing asking us what is wrong with this server." So yes you are wrong and yes you are an...

0|0
    0|0
  • I understand they're moving at a pace that doesn't satisfy you, but you can also chill out and realize her job is just as important as yours. Everyone is stressed, no one is justified in taking it out on others.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depending. You don’t always have to use the F bomb. But there nothing wrong in saying. Hurry up, or move faster, or can you go any slower, or pic up the place!

0|1
    0|0
  • You can tell her to hurry, without being a jerk about it. Its disrespectful.
    I'd break your neck if you said that to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • You certainly could have phrased it a bit differently - - - -

1|1
    0|0
  • No you had do what you had to do. just next time tell her to "take your sweet ass time just hurry the fuck up"

0|2
    0|0
  • Not wrong for telling her to hurry, just could've said it differently

0|2
    0|0
  • I'd take it as a joke. She probs didn't. Who cares..

0|1
    0|0
  • This is why no girl takes your dumb ass seriously lmfao

0|0
    0|0
  • And funny enough, in America, they expect you to tip servers all the time. Hell nah.

0|0
    0|0
  • You gotta slap her ass and give her a little motivation

0|0
    0|0
  • In this exact situation, I think this was a very OK thing to say!
    Good luck further on!

0|0
    0|0
  • No, but I usually go with, "TODAY!!!"

0|2
    0|0
  • Wow, dude. Why so rude? Seriously?

1|1
    0|0
  • U should kick that ass out of ur way.

0|1
    0|1
  • Fcuk no!!!
    Is it wrong if I tell you "fcuk no!"?

0|0
    0|0
    • Hey... by the way I actually wanted to say...
      "Fcuk yes.. it is.."
      Be more polite, don't be rude and ask here for validation.

• That was wrong.

0|1
    0|0
  • No..

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah totally justified it's definitely not wrong

0|0
    0|0
  • That’s really rude to say something like that.

0|1
    0|0
  • Just stay calm till you get another job

0|0
    0|0
  • admit it, you wanted to fuck dat ass

0|0
    0|0
  • did it work? lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, you're just an impatient asshole.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hahaha thanks for that

0|0
    0|0
  • I like your mentality

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah, it's not cool. i would NEVER tell her to hurry the fuck up. I might say "hurry up" but, I would never swear at her

0|0
    0|0
  • No, she's lazy as f.

0|1
    0|1

Recommended myTakes