Would you eat meat grown in a lab?

• Yes
  • No

1124

Most Helpful Girls

• No. I’m vegetarian already and don’t really miss most meat. The only thing I ever miss is seafood. But I’m also kind of a health nut. I don’t eat anything artificial.

• Funny how different people are. I never liked seafood so I don't eat it

• @Seppelson I loved clam chowder and calamari. I also liked lobster, but I never ate it, because I was never able to get over the guilt with that. They boil them alive. Also, I have always been disturbed by the way they're treated in grocery stores. I also really missed sushi for a time, although I've recently discovered how to make vegetarian sushi. I'm from the coast. That probably contributes to seafood thing. They have seafood in landlocked areas, but I don't think it's nearly as good. It's not as fresh, and it's not as big a part of the culture, so people don't really know as much about how to make it as they do near the coast.

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes. I mean I'm a supporter for this research. It could be a major step into an eco friendly Earth.

• I think most people fear about this food stems from a naturalistic fallacy. I'm gonna come out and say this: Just because something is natural, that does not mean it directly implies it is good. Similarly, just because something is unnatural, doesn't directly imply it is bad.

I mean the meat we eat right has to be raised by animals that has to consume antibiotic. This in turn would lead to microbe gaining resistance to antibiotics. And one might argue virtually none of our food are natural in the first place since we selectively bred traits.

• If it tastes good and costs the same, sure.

• It's gone from 325,000$ in 2013 to 11$ per pound (As of April), with price point to produce still being lowered thanks to big investments from large meat companies such as Tyson food.

But getting it ready for mass commercial distribution is a ways off.

• Yea it's gonna be a while.

Also wow, meat here is 4.89 USD for ground 90% lean hamburger.

• Well this meat is from CashSaver and it's chicken. So there's a bit of difference I'm sure.