What is your alcoholic beverage of choice?

I love a good negroni.

513

Most Helpful Girl

• Gin and tonic or vodka and soda. I try to stick to clear spirits and low sugar mixers

Most Helpful Guys

• Godfather for me: Scotch and Amaretto, light on the Amaretto for just an ever-so-slightly sweetened whiskey, and straight, not on the rocks.
    Some customers and bartenders comment that I'm "strong" when I order it several times in a row but actually I've come to favor it as I grow weaker. When I was younger I chose easier-to-drink cocktails like Jack and Coke and would just down dozens of those and get hammered, but nowadays I get a pretty bad hangover if I drink like that. :-D With the godfather it's kind of something I can sip on and nurse a little bit without being tempted to one-shot it left and right.

• If no Amaretto, then just straight Scotch. Jagermeister for shots if I'm in a rowdy environment and start to not care about the hangover next morning. :-D

• Same reason I avoid the rocks. People comment about strength but it's really about weakness. If I get whiskey on the rocks then I start drinking it 3 times faster than I would straight, e. g., and end up with a really bad hangover the next day. :-D

• >> Gotta love a godfather. I was a bartender during college and I’ve made many.

My wife loves them as well but she's a goofball. Because it's somewhat considered "masculine", she came up with her own variant at our favorite bar which she calls "Godgirl".

When she first ordered it, I was like, "WTF is a godgirl? Lemme try that." Then it's the exact same thing! The only variation is that the "godgirl" has a girly looking umbrella straw in it and is served in a wine glass. :-D