What's a food that you didn't like as a child but grew to like it as you got older (Or vice versa)?

As a child I liked carrots but now I don't.

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I can't think of any of foods I enjoy now that I didn't when I was younger. I was always a very adventurous eater, even at a young age. I'm still the same today. There aren't many foods I won't eat. But now I don't like things that are overly sweet; things I might have eaten when I was younger, but just prefer a little less sugar in now.

0|0
    0|0
  • The only thing that comes up in my mind that I disliked a lot when I was a kid, but thinks is good today when made correctly is ice coffee. I still don't liker regular coffee. E. g. black coffee and cappuchino. When I was a kid I liked garlic and brussel sprouts. I still likes it.

I'm more picky now than when I was younger, so things I could eat when I was a kid that I dislikes now are shrimps, pepper, Norwegian fish cakes from the grocery store (never tasted homemade btw), pickled cucumbers, bulk confectionery, gelatin, Grandiosa "Norwegian" frozen pizza, taco, raisins, nuts, some types of breads and some more food items.

Why I'm more picky is because of my taste buds have changed. I don't like bland food and I do prefer some spicy ones. I don't like chewy or slimy food. Bulk confectionery, gelatin and shrimps are slimy foods for instance. Frozen pizza is bland and boring. It doesn't taste like real food. Some candies also taste "factory" or too artificial. I've actually choked on shrimps several times because they were too chewy and I've poor teeth. I've never experienced food poison, but I've experienced getting sick after eating it which is just a coincident. Got a harsh cold and fever. In addition I don't like the slimy taste anymore. No idea if that is the explanation on why I can't eat or swallow shrimps anymore.

0|0
    1|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I was a very fussy child growing up and would only eat cucumber and mint, I was a extremely skinny child and the rest of my family have always been very adventurous with food so they'd try and make me stuff I didn't want and then id reilse I did like it but wouldn't admit it because I didn't want to look silly.

I hated pizza and burgers up to age 10 what was wrong with me? That was also around the same time I put on lots of weight and became a fat kid instead of a skinny stick person.

Mostly strangely in my young adult years I've become to love dark chocolate, olives and curry. I used to absolutely hate all of these things as a child

0|0
    1|0
  • I will eat cauliflower if I have to but I don’t enjoy it.

I wasn’t overly fussy as a child but I knew what I liked and what I didn’t like. The one I usually get a gasp at is I cannot stand buttered bread. I have to be really careful about bought sandwiches. I’m not a fan of egg or seafood either and again people seem upset by this. Egg and seafood give me a tummy ache and make me sick. Buttered bread just tastes foul and makes my stomach turn. Ewww!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• Mushrooms. When I was a kid I hated the smell, taste and look of cooked mushrooms. I just couldn't eat them and my mum knew never to put them on my plate because they would probably make me feel sick.
    But now as an adult I love mushrooms.

0|0
    0|0
  • Mushrooms and moldy cheese are the main things I disliked that I grew to really like.
    Most vegetables are the things I used to eat that I ended up hating, particularly cauliflower.

I also grew up to like spinach, but that was a slightly different case.
    For some godforsaken reason, spinach is almost exclusively eaten as a disgusting pureed dish in my country, so I refused to eat it until I found out that it can also be bought as a plain leaf vegetable.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just about every single vegetable there is I love it all including asparagus and when I was younger I didn't like sweets too much and as I got older I got a huge sweet tooth which is bad because the older you get diabetes is right around the corner luckily though I don't have it yet as I eat sweets every night now and have soda and a king sized almond joy to eat later.

0|0
    0|0
  • I didn't like bananas. I sounded them gross but now they are one of my fav fruits

0|0
    0|0
  • Ironically, I didn't like Indian Cuisine as a kid, and now it's my favorite!

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t like sweets or chocolate but I do like brussel sprouts, I hated liver as a child and I hate it now

0|0
    0|0
  • I didn't like fresh tomatoes as a kid but I do now.

0|0
    0|0
  • As a kid I couldn't stand broccoli but now as an adult it's not so bad

0|0
    0|0
  • Cabbage

0|0
    0|0
  • taste buds change every 7 years, is what they say

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• I never used to like peppers but I like them better now. Still not a fan of eating plain raw peppers, but any other context is fine.
    In the opposite direction, I am no longer much of a fan of bananas

0|0
    0|0
  • I was so picky with food as a kid that I couldn't count the amount of things I can eat now on three hands.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sushi

0|0
    0|0
  • Onions, peppers, mushrooms

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to hate mushrooms but now I like them

0|0
    0|0
  • I think eggs

0|0
    0|0
  • Pumpkin

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to hate olives, now i just love them.)

0|0
    0|0
  • Watermelon.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes