Is my diet normal?

I’m a teenage girl who suffers from low self esteem. Ever since I was around 7, I’ve wanted to lose weight, I compared my self to other girls and wanted to be their size. I was always a tall girl, as of now I’m currently 5’6 and weigh approximately 152 pounds. Last year I was at 162, so technically I have lose weight not much but I have. I wanted to become a vegetarian but my parents never agreed. I’m not really a meat fan, so I usually eat it once a week. My breakfast consists of a cup of black coffee, I don’t have lunch, because I don’t like the schools food so I just skip lunch. I get home around 3:30, and I normally eat pasta or a Mexican dish, but sometimes I just eat a small portion. Lately I’ve been feeling my appetite get smaller and I only feel satisfied with hot Cheetos and water/Gatorade. I eat slower and feel uncomfortable eating in front of people. What does it mean and what do I do?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• I would be worried if you were my sister or girlfriend. Be very careful. We are all individuals and should not compare to others but it’s tough until you get older

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• seems like you are on a slope heading towards an eating disorder. what is your activity level?

0|0
    0|0
    • I don’t really exercise. Except when I walk to and from school. Oh and in gym I walk for 40 min

• Show All
    • Everyday

• going vegetarian is a good idea but i want you to remember the goal is to eat smarter not smaller. i. e foods rich in fiber (vegetables and fruits), foods rich in protein (beans and legumes), healthy fat. there is nothing wrong with wanting to get slimmer as long as you are doing it the healthy way. p. s a lot of people lose weight by reducing how much they eat and end up hating they way they look. let weight loss be a journey in which you learn tools that allow you to embrace and care for your body well.

Recommended myTakes