What do you think of my steak with bearnaise sauce?

Updates:
The bearnaise is more of a red wine sauce made from meat scraps.
Who are these hater pink anons. After working all day, then gym, then cooking for 2 hours at home I don’t have the time or energy to deal with all of you. Gnight.

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• A bernaise is hollandaise sauce
    With reduced tarragon folded in to it. Using meat stock from beef that has cooked in a skillet is a base for gravy.
    If you add tomato sauce to a bearnaise it a Sharone sauce which will work well with fish.

1|0
    0|0
  • We'll start by addressing the fact that you ruined the stake when you passed medium. Now it's charred.

Watch any insult compilation from Gordon Ramsey, I think he can explain it better.

I'm not a chef at all, but the plating is pretty messy as well.

Maybe next time just sear the steak on a hot pan/skillet, then finish in the oven. No need to cake it in seasoning, just a glaze. Go for about medium rate to medium and let the meat speak for itself. As a standalone dish, the steak really needs to be able to, well, stand alone. It's dry, probably a bit tough as well. The sauce isn't really necessary, as it isn't helping anything.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Did you take a shit in the blender and then apply it to your food?

4|3
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 25

What Guys Said 33

• Dude it looks beautiful but its steak and there is only one way to judge a steak. I will say this. If it is half as tastey as it looks then that should be a fine steak indeed

0|1
    0|0
  • I think you need to enroll in a short course on the basics of how to photograph food. And while you're at it, perhaps a course on plating food as well. Trust me, it will be worth your time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nice. Though If I were to make an improvement it would be to choose a thicker steak and use the sous vide method with a reverse sear. Then use the fond for a pan sauce. It would be perfect considering you don't seem to have a lot of time.

2|0
    0|1
  • A true steak lover enjoys their steak cooked medium rare and simply seasoned with just a pinch of salt and pinch of freshly grounded pepper to enhance the flavor of the steak not over powering the flavor of the steak with fancy sauces or condiments

0|0
    0|0
  • My grandpa would like his charred kneecaps back from WW2 please.

1|0
    0|0
  • Jesus. So many angry commenters. Looks good. It better be flame grilled. Pan fried steak is garbage. It ought to have a side though.

0|1
    0|1
  • I'm not sure what to think tbh. I don't like the first image cause it looks messy... I guess. The second image is better, yet looks desolate. I like the garnish. At least I think that's what the leafy substance is supposed to be.

0|0
    0|0
  • Damn it looks like you were digging through a public outhouse

3|2
    0|0
  • Gordon Ramsey would say your food presentation is fucking atrocious, you somehow made that steak look wet and slimy and just bad.

2|0
    0|0
  • A good streak doesn't need any sauce.

5|3
    0|2
    • Funny you say that. There was a lot more of the steak. I couldn’t stop eating before I put the sauce on.

• Why does the first pic look like a squirrel?
    Just kidding. It looks good to me. But it needs a side dish. Mashed potatoes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Looks terrible.

6|3
    0|1
  • It's a thin piece of steak how did you manage to char it to hell?

0|0
    0|0
  • First pic isn't the best looking
    second looks fine

0|0
    0|0
  • Look a bit burned

6|3
    0|1
  • It looks good just add some mash potatoes and greenbreens or corn

0|0
    0|0
  • I’d eat

0|2
    5|2
  • Meh.

3|2
    0|1
  • Man I'm hungry.

0|1
    3|2
  • Looks good

0|1
    0|0
  • Looks great, I bet it taste great

0|0
    4|3
  • looks like shit (literally)

1|0
    0|0
    • If there was a award for someone who could make foods as disgusting and hideous and possible or most disgusting looking foods you would win it, i don't think you're called for cooking, try something else,

• It looks like a lump of grassy poop.

0|0
    0|0
  • It looks like wildebeest poop.

0|0
    0|0
  • WIPE THE LORD DAMNED PLATE YOU LAZY SON OF A GUN

0|0
    0|0
  • That stake looks tasty bro.

0|0
    0|0