If Airlines can charge a big person for 2 seats when flying, Should Restaurants be able to charge more at buffets?

The term all you can eat is a pretty strait forward term. However buffets are losing money as airlines claimed to be on bigger people taking up 2 seat snd paying for one.If Airlines can charge a big person for 2 seats when flying, Should Restaurants be able to charge more at buffets?

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• I think their prices are set based on average consumption, which includes those who eat a lot.

But I have heard of buffets charging people for two buffets if they stayed for longer than 3 hours.

1|1
    0|0
  • Actually if you look into it if a large person cannot fit in one sit the airline is legally obliged to give that person two seats for the price of one. This law came into effect when the airlines started downsizing there seats and the space between the seats from front to back so they could fit as many seats on the plane as possible.

0|0
    0|0
    • As far as buffet's go most restaurants make a fortune on the all you can eat buffets because they use many tricks to fill you up and charge triple the cost for alcoholic beverages. You'll notice they always give you a small plate and the largest food trays hold the cheapest most filling foods, the higher end foods are limited. It has happened where a person has been banned from a all you can eat buffet but it's rare. Take a look at this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAha5roQXIA

Most Helpful Girl

• From what I hear buffets are allowed to kick out people who eat too much so they are already allowed to ban certain people from their buffets. My friend's friend would dine at sushi buffets with her and spend three hours eating nothing except crab legs - after doing this for a couple of weeks - they made a rule for him that he was only allowed to sit at the buffet for 60 minutes before they would kick him out. He probably cost the restaurant about $400 a month in crab legs because he ate so many of them.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• People with metabolic diseases don't nessesaily eat more than average people, they burn calories slower when resting and usually are eating cheaper sugar laden foods.

It's a disease born of relative poverty and sugar addiction, have a little empathy for other people if you'd ask for some yourselves.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am a skinny guy but I always eat a lot at buffets.

1|3
    0|0
  • Well I just think buffet should just charge a bit more than.

0|1
    0|0
  • Buffets already charge more then the cost of food most people eat.

1|0
    0|0
  • don't know, but i wouldn't mind that woman in the picture sitting on me or her bent over on me

0|1
    0|0
  • Not at all, it's not the same environment and usually in a restaurant we pay for food and not for seats.

0|0
    0|0
  • Small medium large plates same results but no bad press

0|0
    0|0
  • No, that girl I am the picture is seeeeexy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Omg nasty

0|0
    0|1

What Girls Said 3

• Most food at all you can eat restaurants is so cheap that you'd have to eat loads of it before they lose money.
    So as long as they're making money...

0|1
    0|0
    • The the restaurant bottom line is not the question, more ever should they be able to.

• Nope, the price for buffet is already high.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes