If Airlines can charge a big person for 2 seats when flying, Should Restaurants be able to charge more at buffets?

The term all you can eat is a pretty strait forward term. However buffets are losing money as airlines claimed to be on bigger people taking up 2 seat snd paying for one.If Airlines can charge a big person for 2 seats when flying, Should Restaurants be able to charge more at buffets?

411

Most Helpful Guys

• I think their prices are set based on average consumption, which includes those who eat a lot.

But I have heard of buffets charging people for two buffets if they stayed for longer than 3 hours.

• Actually if you look into it if a large person cannot fit in one sit the airline is legally obliged to give that person two seats for the price of one. This law came into effect when the airlines started downsizing there seats and the space between the seats from front to back so they could fit as many seats on the plane as possible.

• As far as buffet's go most restaurants make a fortune on the all you can eat buffets because they use many tricks to fill you up and charge triple the cost for alcoholic beverages. You'll notice they always give you a small plate and the largest food trays hold the cheapest most filling foods, the higher end foods are limited. It has happened where a person has been banned from a all you can eat buffet but it's rare. Take a look at this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAha5roQXIA

Most Helpful Girl

• From what I hear buffets are allowed to kick out people who eat too much so they are already allowed to ban certain people from their buffets. My friend's friend would dine at sushi buffets with her and spend three hours eating nothing except crab legs - after doing this for a couple of weeks - they made a rule for him that he was only allowed to sit at the buffet for 60 minutes before they would kick him out. He probably cost the restaurant about $400 a month in crab legs because he ate so many of them.