Do you consider microwaving as cooking?

• Yes
  • No
  • Depends
    Vote C
Ok so if you consider it as reheating then i have another question. What about reheating food in a pan, pot or wok? Is it considered as cooking?
I made fried rice, omelette, bolognese, mashed potatoes, chili con carne and noodles soup using microwave. I guess i'm not cooking but just food 😏

2527

Most Helpful Girls

• Technically yes, if you are indeed cooking something in it or using it to prepare something for a meal that will be cooked. Since all a microwave does is vibrate hydration within food until it's hot, I do believe that is technically a form of cooking

• Depends. If you take something what is already cooked and just reheat it then its not cooking. But if you actually follow a receipe and need the microwave for whatever reason then sure it is cooking...
    @update: reheating food in a pan/pot/wok isn't cooking either.

Most Helpful Guy

• You can do a lot of things with a microwave, but some things you need a stove for. Plus if it tastes good, you're set.