Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
  • Depends
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Ok so if you consider it as reheating then i have another question. What about reheating food in a pan, pot or wok? Is it considered as cooking?
I made fried rice, omelette, bolognese, mashed potatoes, chili con carne and noodles soup using microwave. I guess i'm not cooking but just food 😏

1|1

Most Helpful Girls

• Technically yes, if you are indeed cooking something in it or using it to prepare something for a meal that will be cooked. Since all a microwave does is vibrate hydration within food until it's hot, I do believe that is technically a form of cooking

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends. If you take something what is already cooked and just reheat it then its not cooking. But if you actually follow a receipe and need the microwave for whatever reason then sure it is cooking...
    @update: reheating food in a pan/pot/wok isn't cooking either.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You can do a lot of things with a microwave, but some things you need a stove for. Plus if it tastes good, you're set.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 23

• The lite bulb in an EASY BAKE OVEN Was considered cooking.
    The definition of cooking is to heat and bring to temperature to a safe level killing any bacteria that might have come incontact with or grown on food as it was in storage or refrigeration.
    And a microwave meets these requirements.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends. If you're reheating something that was pre-prepared, no that ain't cooking.

But if you're preparing something from scratch and the microwave happens to be the best way to heat the ingredients, sure, I'd say that's cooking.

0|1
    0|0
  • 👀 no. ... Sure the food cooks itself there but it’s not real cooking... plus the food tastes different.. and gets a soggier finish...

0|1
    0|0
  • Microwaving food is bad, m'kay.
    https://youtu.be/ScbbQ2pYd9I

0|0
    1|0
  • No... When I was at my best friend's house, we called it cooking, heating rice in the microwave as a joke xD

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. microwaving is cooking but not high cooking, just basic cooking.

0|2
    1|0
  • Of course. One, hun, Still Can turn on the Jets and have Anything under the Sun. xxoo

0|0
    0|0
  • I haven't mastered the art but I used to live with a Russian guy who would make whole ass meals in the microwave, it was crazy but very impressive

0|0
    0|0
  • No, just to thaw and reheat. I use the timer a lot.

0|1
    0|0
  • Gordon Ramsey memories. Lol no I don't and no it isn't.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yup, it takes lots of skill to push all the right buttons on the microwave :P

0|0
    0|0
  • No. It doesn't count as cooking if the only thing you're doing is heating, be it on the microwave or a pan.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. It's re-heating.

0|2
    1|1
  • no...

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes , since i do it all the time

0|1
    0|0
  • We call them heating up a meal

0|1
    0|0
  • No. Nuking ≠ cooking

0|0
    0|0
  • No, it's microwaving.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely not!

0|0
    0|0
  • Tbh it depends

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • No microwaving is just for reheating foods.

0|0
    0|0
  • Would you consider picking your nose a form of bathing?

0|0
    0|0
    • That's the worse comparison ever. Washing one part of a body is not bath. Microwaving is related to food and heat so does cooking.

• Hhahahaha I know. I was just pulling your leg, however cooking usually refers to uncooked food you don't cook already cooked food, you heat it up or freeze it.

What Guys Said 26

• The microwave cooks the food for you.

The food is cooked.

But you are not cooking, and you are not a cook.

Do you consider microwaving as cooking?

0|1
    0|0
  • You can turn something raw into something cooked but I basically use a microwave for making popped corn, heating up left overs, or cooking something like a steamer bag of frozen veggies if I’m tired and don’t really want to cook.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends. If ready meal then no. If using raw ingedients to make something, then yeah. Though there are probably better ways

0|1
    0|0
  • If it's not a type of cooking, what would you classify it as? There's not much you can't do with a microwave. It may not be the best cooking method but it works.

0|1
    0|0
    • Of course you have to learn how to cook or bake in a microwave, it's entirely different then traditional methods. Microwaves are actually good for more than warming leftovers!

• Microwaves are great for cooking a "baked potato" in just minutes. You bake some awesome cakes in a microwave. Cooking bacon is easy in a microwave as well as scrambled eggs!

• The only thing I really will use a microwave for is to boil water or re-heat a food item. I prefer to cook either in the oven or on the grill.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. I don't cook anything in the microwave. Only for reheating things that have already been cooked, or reheating tea, etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you are starting a recipe from scratch, it certainly is cooking. If it's chilled down and then reheated, obviously that is reheating. The problem with using a microwave for "real cooking" is that control of the cooking (ie molecular vibration) is difficult since water molecules, sugar molecules and fat molecules require varying degrees of vibration to heat to a given temp. Example - frozen raw Chicken Kievs say "DO NOT MICROWAVE". I do this all the time. You just have to it for long periods on low settings to give the varied molecules time to " even out" the induced heat throughout.

0|1
    0|0
  • A microwave can be used both or reheating food or for cooking food.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really, unless you do the majority outside of the microwave, it's not really cooking

0|1
    0|0
  • The shit your microwaving is premade, your just defrosting them.

0|0
    0|0
  • if you consider heating something up cooking, i guess. do you consider making ice cooking too?

0|0
    0|0
    • Microwaving is related to food and heat so does cooking. Why would making ice be the same?

• Show All
    • physical and chemical change are definitely different. actually microwaves only excite electrons in whatever you put in them. (it's basically heating up the water inside them). freezers slow electrons down.

• So does making ice and microwaving. But yeah it depends on you.

• Maybe not to cook a turkey, but small things are cookable in one.

0|1
    0|0
  • All I know is Gordon Ramsey wouldn’t approve of that

0|1
    0|0
  • microwaving is not cooking.

microwaving is faster than going for fast food.

0|1
    0|0
    • you are just heating it up. Cooking is more than heating things up. Cooking is a wide process vs heating up an item.

• No. Microwaving is fake heat. Coking should involve real heating.

0|0
    0|0
  • The only type of cooking I can do is boil, grill and fry I can't bake for shit

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on how it's being used. One can cook rice in the microwave just as they can on a stove.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I DO.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope its not cooking as it's heating things up

0|1
    0|0
  • Not cooking, more preparing.

0|1
    0|0
  • its only heating some shit

0|0
    0|0
  • No that's weird

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope.

0|0
    0|0
  • close enough

0|0
    0|0
  • When i make potatoes in the morning, I microwave them, let them cool, then cut them up and fry em in the pan with eggs. It cooks quicker than boiling them first. I still consider it cooking.

0|0
    0|0
  • Bitch, of course not.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes