What would you do if someone invites you over for dinner and every dish they made tasted bland/terrible?

Would you still eat it and lie to them when they ask you if you like the food? Or would you be honest with them?

I just can't tell anyone I disliked it since they have put so much hard work.. spent houra to cook. I just couldn't tell them. I only tell someone I didn't like their food only if they are very close to me and know they won't get hurt.

1532

Most Helpful Guys

• Usually I'm not so picky about food, but I did have one experience like this. I was dating a Russian girl who invited me to her home and she made me a very strange kind of egg dish. I don't know what it was but it tasted like the eggs were kind of spoiled and pickled or something -- like super, super strong egg taste. And she made a whole tray of those eggs. She could eat a lot (was very athletic as an acrobat).

But I tried to eat my half of the tray and I was actually feeling nauseous. I had to excuse myself and go to the bathroom and vomit after almost finishing my half. Then I finished the rest after vomiting.

• If you ever smelled sulfur, it tastes and smelled like that to me, only amplified a great deal.

• The serving sizes were enormous as well. She was extremely athletic and spent all her time training for her aerial performance. But because of that she could eat like a monster. That tray with the pickled eggs or whatever it was had, IIRC, 24 eggs on it and we both ate 12 of them.

• Honest, Iโ€™d offer to help in the kitchen and try to save the food ๐Ÿ˜‚

• LOL!!! I like it! That's a good idea. I'll try doing that next time ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Thank you for mho ๐Ÿ˜Š

Hope you now know how to handle bad food ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Yes, now I do! So, Thank you!! You saved me from eating bad food ๐Ÿ˜‚

You are welcome :)

Most Helpful Girls

• I had my graduation party catered by my mom friend. That food was so nasty and blavd. I was so pissed off and embarrassed so I said very loud โ€œthis food doesnโ€™t taste goodโ€ then when she came in the kitchen she saw me putting it back in the oven cause it wasnโ€™t cooked enough and she saw me putting seasoning on it. My point is Iโ€™m not afraid to tell someone if something is bad so either they can try to improve or just not serve it again. If I was invited to someoneโ€™s lovely home and everything I tried was nasty then I wouldnโ€™t tell them anything unless they asked me how it tasted.

• I wish I wasn't afraid to tell them! But I just keep my mouth shut or lie because I didn't want to hurt them but you are right. They can either improve or shouldn't serve it again.

• Thereโ€™s nothing wrong with constructive criticism