Do you hate cheaper cuts of meat?

Do you hate cheaper cuts of meat?

I got these for 3$ a pound but I’d much rather just the 10$ a pound rib eye. It’s hard to get these things tasting fine. I mean these were OKAY but nowhere near how better cuts taste.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guys

• I guess it depends on the meat and how it was preserved and obtained. With more expensive cuts, you assume that the meat is of higher quality in all different ways.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cheaper cuts are good for stews or casseroles but you are right when it comes to on its own, you find your eye drifting down to sirloin, ribeye and striploin

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• I'm pretty indifferent, but I do have a weird nostalgia for cheaper cuts

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes not as good quality of meat.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 10

• The cheaper cuts are meant to be braised and slow-cooked.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you prep the meat like you should there's little to no difference in the price of the meat as long as you have the same type of meat. If you find price to be a big issue your cooking needs work.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can go both ways. But good steak is always better. If it's cheap, it probly needs to be cooked slow, and maybe pounded first.

0|0
    0|0
  • If made with TLC in the way that you like it, I often find that it tastes better than the expensive.

1|0
    0|0
  • For beef, my favorites are sirloin and eye round. Preparation is key. Honestly though id prefer lamb leg over beef.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cheaper meat is usually better (not tenderised) it just needs to be slow cooked properly.

0|0
    0|0
  • We dont hate you swole. We just dont like you.

1|0
    0|0
  • If its cooked right I won't care

1|0
    0|0
  • Must be nice being able to afford nicer food while you live with Mommy

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't need any expensive meat, I'm a sheep herder. But every now and then, I do buy some meat, but not expensive... I really don't mind the difference between cheap and expensive as long as it keeps me fed.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes