Would you ever Consider giving up Thanksgiving for a Day to Help out a Homeless shelter in Serving Holiday meals?

1525

Most Helpful Guys

• My wife and I often help out at our local homeless shelter regardless of holidays. People get charitable at chistmas and Thanksgiving but the problem is that's only two days and there are 363 more in the year.

• Happy you Found the Time though. xx

• Funny thing is at our local shelter at Thanksgiving and Christmas it's fully staffed and a fight for places for people who want to do good on the holidays so we don't bother unless asked.

• lol Fully staffed? This is New, you. xxoo

• I think helping out at a homeless shelter serving holiday meals
    is a great thing that anyone could do just watching the smile or
    look on one of the homeless peoples face when they are served
    their meal is heart touching. There is so many people out there
    who won't have a meal this Thanksgiving unless they go to the
    shelter yes this sounds like a wonderful acts of kindness that
    anyone could do. It makes me wanna cry just to see them poor
    people than again I'm happy knowing I'm feeding them a meal
    and making their day so much brighter. Thanks for your question xx

Most Helpful Girls

• I'm of two minds since I know a lot of people are homeless by their own designs in one form or another. But then I've heard of some people who were fine then made redundant and couldn't find anything else which is something I can sympathize with and be sorry for.
    As for would I got to these soup kitchens, I find they're all in bad area's which is obvious, since that'll have more homeless but means there's a lot more crimes I've heard of so many muggings and stabbings near these areas over the years it's ridiculous, so would I do one no I wouldn't.

Instead I donate to charity when it's the fall festivals and the Shopping trolleys in supermarkets for tins etc and charity shops all old but useable clothes, toys and books.
    Lastly I don't do Thanksgiving so that day wouldn't bother me, but if I translated it to Christmas I couldn't give the day up, it's such a magical time of the year that I just couldn't bear it.

• You are Amazing, Magic, I Knew I could Count on You. xx

• I always try to be honest, but don't really do much politics I think the only reason I have half a mind of what happens across the pond is cus of you hun.

Just do whatever you feel comfortable doing don't feel forced to do something because you feel that your in a better position of life, do it cus you want to. I know I was on a night out with some friends and gave this homeless guy some chips and a can of drink just to get shouted at saying I don't want any fucking chips. I just went okay and continued walking, there are some people who don't want to be helped in this world so if you meet anyone like that, don't ever let it bring you down your wonderful Paris

• Love you, Magic and God Bless this Yea, dear. xxoo

• Yes. I give up my Christmas and new years, to help out at soup kitchens. Every year with family.

• Ahhh, Soup Kitchen, That is what I have to look under.
      Beautiful, sweetie, God bless. We need more Hearts in this World like you. xxoo

• Thank you. You are amazing yourself Ms. Paris, this the first question on gag that made me smile. I love the holidays and know I know why. Up until today I was planning on deleting my gag account as it seem to just be the same thing being asked over and over. Yet because of this post I actually believe in gag again thank you. I've only been here a month, but this is the first post that has actually warmed my heart. Thank you.

• Thank you, sweetheart, You have a Beautiful Heart. xxoo