Are you comfortable with eating infront of people?

Ahhhh I'm not. I'm just scared I'll have something in my teeth or around my lips, or I dunno what...

I'm going to a restaurant with some people I'm not very close with and I'm nervous about eating around them, and in general being with them 😞😞
Updates:
It went fiiine

1|1

Most Helpful Guys

• I can go caveman eating in front of brand new acquaintances. No problem. If they think less of me, they're missing out on a lot of bad jokes. I figure I do me and then people can take from that what they will. If I don't hold myself back, and people still like me, I figure I can continue doing whatever I want and still keep them as a friend. You can't gain that information if you hold yourself back.

0|0
    0|0
  • You know they'll be eating too right? Even if you did have something in your teeth, is that really such a big deal to you? This sounds more like an expression of social anxiety

0|0
    0|0
    • Just trying to put this on perspective for you. Your fears are irrational in this situation. Sometimes being reminded of that helps me

Most Helpful Girls

• I’m not comfortable either. I only feel comfortable eating in front of others when there’s lots of talking and nobody is paying much attention to me

1|0
    0|0
    • THANK YOUUUUU

Finally someone understanding 😂

• I don't feel comfortable, because my health issues give me eating anxiety. :( But hopefully one day I can overcome that.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 28

• You have to be yourself and be who you are. Of course not burping or over filling your mouth. But people are not so judgmental unless you are gross. I'm sure you are not. One trick is to order small and order things that are easy to eat. No spaghetti or fried chicken. Eat Fish, chicken tenderloin, french fries and so on. Eat non sloppy foods.
    Having this fear is not rational and controlled by doing it often. How will you ever go out to dinner with a first date or business lunch.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sure. I mean, we've all gotta eat. If someone has a problem with the way I eat, then they can look elsewhere. They don't have to look at me while I eat. I don't really particularly look at people myself when they eat, unless we're talking while we eat.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am, but at the same time i'm not. People buzzing around generally bothers me, not eating in front of people.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes i use to be uncomfortable but now i changed as i got older. LOL

1|0
    0|0
  • I am. It's no big deal. I'd be the most quiet one enjoying the food while they talk lol.

1|0
    0|0
    • But if I eat alone and people look at me or just sit in front of me, It can be uncomfortable.

• Yeah, but i prefer not eating in public. Because F*** manners!

0|0
    0|0
  • I am good these days - Maybe in the past I was a little

0|0
    0|0
  • I am. You shouldn't think so much. Nobody will pay attention to your eating.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're worried for no reason
    Just go out and have fun

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't be silly lol

0|0
    0|1
  • Yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

1|0
    0|0
  • You worry too much.

0|1
    1|0
  • Yeah, never had a problem with that

0|0
    0|0
  • yes lol

1|0
    0|0
  • For sure, not like how i would eat at home though

0|0
    0|0
  • I eat alone.

1|0
    0|0
  • Hlad it went ok.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I've never had problem with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I am

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I am

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel comfortable with it

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah sure.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, of course.

0|0
    0|0
  • Fine by me

0|0
    0|0
  • i could care less

0|0
    0|0
  • No it doesn’t bother me at all.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 12

• I used to, specially on a date! But now i couldnt careless, bc i can always make it into a joke!! But i laugh it off, and hey i gotta eat.

0|0
    0|0
  • I got nervous sometimes depends who I’m with and what I’m ratting

1|0
    0|0
  • I have no problem. Although in dating, sometimes I will nibble on a salad or slurp a soup. Haha

0|0
    0|0
  • My darling you must get over that. It's actually a sign in teen girls of possible eating disorders in the futur

0|0
    0|1
  • Same actually, im afraid that ill have something on my face or my teeth as well

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't mind

1|0
    0|1
  • Yeah, nobody cares

0|0
    0|0
  • only if others are eating too

0|0
    0|0
  • I love food to much to give a damn lol