What is something I can cook for my boyfriend?

My boyfriend works hard all day and I've really been wanting to cook for him but I am terrified it will come out horrible. I've only ever cooked easy things like eggs, frozen patties, things like that. I really want to cook comething he can enjoy but I also do not have much money to buy the supplies.

Any suggestions on what I could try that might be money friendly and easy for a first time cooker?
Feel free to leave a recipe, link to a recipe, or just a basic idea I can google

55

Most Helpful Guy

• Make spaghetti.
    Get minced meat, put it in a pan with oil and stir until it's not bloody red anymore. Then add one onion cut into little pieces (usually the onion should be the first thing in the pan after oil, but for a beginner this is better) and some tomato sauce and some spices.
    Put the spaghetti into boiling salted water (the water needs to taste salty) and leave them in as long as the package says.

Serve the spaghetti on a plate, add the sauce, and then rasp some parmesan over it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Roasted Chicken and vegetables. You can usually pick up a whole chicken for about $4.00 and then get whatever veggies you really like. I go with cauliflower and potatoes when I do this.
    For the chicken I like to use a mixture of spices: Salt, pepper, paprika, garlic, cumin, thyme, rosemary, and a little cayenne. If you don't have spices available, you can pick up Mrs. Dash either the Chicken grilling blend or the tomato basil garlic blend.
    For the veggies, cut them into small pieces and drizzle a small amount of olive oil, (vegetable oil can be used if you don't have olive) enough to coat. Then salt, pepper and garlic powder sprinkled on them. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and cook whole thawed chicken for 10-15 minutes. Then reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F and roast for 20 minutes per pound. Once you lower the temp to 350, you can put the cookie sheet with veggies in the oven as well. You should be able to fork the veggies with ease to know they are ready. Always check the bigger thicker pieces before you take them out of the oven. I'd check after 30 minutes on them.