What is something I can cook for my boyfriend?

My boyfriend works hard all day and I've really been wanting to cook for him but I am terrified it will come out horrible. I've only ever cooked easy things like eggs, frozen patties, things like that. I really want to cook comething he can enjoy but I also do not have much money to buy the supplies.

Any suggestions on what I could try that might be money friendly and easy for a first time cooker?
Feel free to leave a recipe, link to a recipe, or just a basic idea I can google

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Make spaghetti.
    Get minced meat, put it in a pan with oil and stir until it's not bloody red anymore. Then add one onion cut into little pieces (usually the onion should be the first thing in the pan after oil, but for a beginner this is better) and some tomato sauce and some spices.
    Put the spaghetti into boiling salted water (the water needs to taste salty) and leave them in as long as the package says.

Serve the spaghetti on a plate, add the sauce, and then rasp some parmesan over it.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Roasted Chicken and vegetables. You can usually pick up a whole chicken for about $4.00 and then get whatever veggies you really like. I go with cauliflower and potatoes when I do this.
    For the chicken I like to use a mixture of spices: Salt, pepper, paprika, garlic, cumin, thyme, rosemary, and a little cayenne. If you don't have spices available, you can pick up Mrs. Dash either the Chicken grilling blend or the tomato basil garlic blend.
    For the veggies, cut them into small pieces and drizzle a small amount of olive oil, (vegetable oil can be used if you don't have olive) enough to coat. Then salt, pepper and garlic powder sprinkled on them. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and cook whole thawed chicken for 10-15 minutes. Then reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F and roast for 20 minutes per pound. Once you lower the temp to 350, you can put the cookie sheet with veggies in the oven as well. You should be able to fork the veggies with ease to know they are ready. Always check the bigger thicker pieces before you take them out of the oven. I'd check after 30 minutes on them.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• Depends on what he likes, but easy thing to do would be steak and mash potatoes. You can get decent cuts of steak for pretty cheap on sale (visit the grocery store the night before). If you wish for more flavour, get it 4 nights before, brush the surface of the steak with some fish sauce, and let it rest in a bag in the fridge for 3 days (the scent will be gone by then).

0|0
    0|0
  • quiche or frittata, southern comfort or lumber jack waffle/pancake.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wish my fiancée was like you lol. Look up recipes. Honestly cooking is really easy. Just have to follow steps.

0|0
    0|0
  • Chillie

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• I think pasta is fairly easy if you make it without meat. You could also make noodles and put black Chinese vinegar and peanut butter in it and mix it with water and noodles. It tastes great and is impossible to mess up.

0|0
    0|0
  • If your parents have a crockpot you can make a chilli or a pot roast. You put all the ingredients in it and go about your day until it's done.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's the thought that counts. Stick to what you know and YouTube is amazing for that

0|0
    0|0
  • Cook him some nachos or maybe make tacos?

0|0
    0|0
    • He's guatamalean and hangs out withbhis mexican coworkers all day and is used to their cooking... he loves me and all but would definitely tease me

Recommended myTakes