Question to the Italians here. How do you feel about people saying they like Italian food (referring to the comercialized, American version of it)?

I know that it's upsetting to most Italians. But it seems like most people don't even know what authentic Italian food looks like (and they don't care to learn either). I've been thinking about it and it's basically like people saying that they like a part of you that it's not even real.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• I like pizza and spaghetti and bread sticks because they taste good, not because they're Italian food.

0|0
    1|0
  • I like both traditional and North Americanized Italian food. To some degree it has to do with the ingredients readily available to us here vs. what's always available in the different regions of Italy. In some cases it's only subtle differences for example in Italy they use very little sauce on their spaghetti and here we tend to use much more sauce then they do in Italy.

0|0
    1|0
  • I’m in no way disagreeing with you and am open for fun discussion but in America pizza seems to be a huge American thing but in actuality it’s Italian in origin

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes