What was your favorite thing about your Thanksgiving spread?

First of all, how was yall's Thanksgiving?

Second, what was your favorite food item? Mine was the made from scratch dressing I made. Took a total of 3 hours and it turned out so well! 😊

49

Most Helpful Girl

• My Thanksgiving was pretty good. My favorite food item was the turkey, of course. My dad marinated our turkey in a brine for 2 days and then smoked it on the charcoal grill, it was absolutely amazing! Really great flavor. If you haven't had smoked turkey before, I highly recommend giving it a try!

• Holy shit, that does sound good! I was on the fence about getting a smoker for a while now but that just toppled me off it

• @Hidden_P Everyone in my family loves it. If you don't like smoked meat then you wouldn't this so I would say you should cook the turkey a different way like roasting it in the oven.

• Tbh I’ve never heard of smoking it... but I live in a country where smoking isn’t possible all year round

Most Helpful Guy

• My first Thanksgiving dinner was a set of pumpkin pies my girlfriend and I had this morning. The second (unexpected one) was a huge buffet of leftovers I discovered when I got back to the dock this afternoon (I live on my sailboat). One of the other liveaboards had brought everything back to share with the pirate community. It was just... so perfect and relaxed.

• Jesus bruh, sounds like you had one helluva day. This was the first Thanksgiving I had spent with just my immediate family and I was so throttled at how peaceful it was. Really accentuated the having a belly full of food feeling well

• It was a beautiful day. The police officer who runs the waterfront came down to see us and told us we basically had a free day today... he was going to ignore our all day party and open containers at the community dock.

• That's super chill of him. Gotta love the general good vibes people give off during the holiday season.