Do bars just seem to close down for no reason now days?

I've noticed a trend in some of the downtown areas I frequent or been to at some point over the years.

bars and nightclubs ( excluding pubs ) seem to be closing all over the place for no particular reason. well there has to be a reason but I don't think they closed cause they had a lack of business or were in bad locations. as these places were rate downtown and where the action was on weekends

but most hot nightclubs now days seem to be lucky if they can survive for more than 2 or 3 years before there closed and some new bar is in there old space

I'm seeing this happen time and time again , something new appears and its hot for a period of time and legitimately popular but then all of a sudden things slow down and its gone entirely. and then the cycle repeats itself with a " new bar " suddenly open in the old space with a new name

11