Do bars just seem to close down for no reason now days?

I've noticed a trend in some of the downtown areas I frequent or been to at some point over the years.

bars and nightclubs ( excluding pubs ) seem to be closing all over the place for no particular reason. well there has to be a reason but I don't think they closed cause they had a lack of business or were in bad locations. as these places were rate downtown and where the action was on weekends

but most hot nightclubs now days seem to be lucky if they can survive for more than 2 or 3 years before there closed and some new bar is in there old space

I'm seeing this happen time and time again , something new appears and its hot for a period of time and legitimately popular but then all of a sudden things slow down and its gone entirely. and then the cycle repeats itself with a " new bar " suddenly open in the old space with a new name

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• It might be crime that is causing the bars to close down. There was an amazing restaurant my cousin used to visit in Philadelphia but the Mafia forced them to shut down. Maybe they didn't pay their safety payment or maybe other businesses thought they were competition or maybe they offended one of the bosses.

0|0
    0|0
    • well true some of these bars are in high crime areas downtown and I think that does scare away some business. people tend to avoid the downtown late at night if they think its unsafe. and during the day , these locations are basically worthless as so few people go downtown anymore , if they tried a restaurant during the day it be pointless as not enough business

What Guys Said 1

• That is only because the guy from Bar rescue didn't save it

0|0
    0|0
    • but he'd literally need to be saving 100's if not 1000's more bars per year based on what is going on out there to save them all. its turning into a real tough business then what it used to be , things here used to be easy going and the bar scene always seemed to be doing well.

but now its a miserable cycle ( of the excitement of opening > busy for a time > slow down > then an entire closure ) . with few bars able to survive long term or with the staying power to survive

Recommended myTakes