Anyone ever try calamari? is it any good?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Yep, it's good. As long as you like seafood, you'll probably like it. But it's hard to get good calamari though. Nine times out of ten, it's overcooked and is rubbery. This is because you have only about a 10 second window to take it out of the pan before it becomes overcooked. Most cooks don't know how to cook it properly, so it makes it hard to get a good dish of calamari at most places I have been to. It doesn't affect the taste, but sometimes it can be quite rubbery if not cooked properly. I'd also suggest octopus, but they can be rubbery too. I still like both though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only when it wasn't prepared right, (so I was told). It was like meat flavored rubber, wasn't a fan.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I like it but it also depends on how they make it because not all calamari tastes the same. I've had some delicious calamari and some that tasted like horribly nasty rubber.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• Ya it’s good. Kinda tasteless to be honest. It’s more the crispy crust you taste. But it’s decent. It’s good ya
    Like shrimps are the same. Not that strong of a taste but the texture is nice

0|0
    0|0
  • Tried it once not bad but it has kind of a strong taste

0|0
    0|0
  • Fried calamari with marinara sauce is great.

0|0
    0|0
  • Delicious but very chewy

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t care for it

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I like it

0|0
    0|0
  • No way that's like fishing bait

0|0
    0|0
  • It's amazing.

0|0
    0|0
  • Fry em and dip it in a sauce. oh yih

0|0
    0|0
  • Rubbery, aquired taste.

0|0
    0|0
    • Acquired taste for sure, but the rubbery aspect is a common misconception.

Calamari is not rubbery at all when cooked properly. The problem is, calamari is VERY difficult to cook properly. The heat has to be JUST right and you have only about a 10 second window to take it out of the pan before it becomes overcooked. Most cooks don't know how to cook it properly, so it makes it hard to get good calamari at most places. When cooked right by a chef who actually knows what the hell he or she is doing, calamari is tender and delicious. Most people don't know how to cook it, so nine times out of ten it is rubbery, which is why the "rubbery" thing is such a common complaint. It's not the fault of the calamari itself, just the person cooking it.

• Nope..

0|0
    0|0
  • I like calimari

0|0
    0|0
  • What is calamari?

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• It tastes good. I don't order it cause the portions they give me are always so small. It tastes like salted shrimp but is more flavourful than shrimp.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope if it's anything like shrimp I won't try it

0|0
    0|0
  • If it is done right it is good.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes