Anyone ever try calamari? is it any good?

415

Most Helpful Guys

• Yep, it's good. As long as you like seafood, you'll probably like it. But it's hard to get good calamari though. Nine times out of ten, it's overcooked and is rubbery. This is because you have only about a 10 second window to take it out of the pan before it becomes overcooked. Most cooks don't know how to cook it properly, so it makes it hard to get a good dish of calamari at most places I have been to. It doesn't affect the taste, but sometimes it can be quite rubbery if not cooked properly. I'd also suggest octopus, but they can be rubbery too. I still like both though.

• Only when it wasn't prepared right, (so I was told). It was like meat flavored rubber, wasn't a fan.

Most Helpful Girl

• I like it but it also depends on how they make it because not all calamari tastes the same. I've had some delicious calamari and some that tasted like horribly nasty rubber.