My friend said food is based on personal taste, is he right?

My friend said food is based on what you like. I was like nah brah food is what the best cooks in the world say it is. It’s like saying beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Like nah beauty is whatever the top fashion businesses say it is. How dare you have personal taste? What are you a snowflake?
I don't know am I?
Logical what? Big words make my head hurt.

1113

Most Helpful Girls

• I think it can be both. Personal tastes vary because of personal experiences. If someone haven't tried a variety of foods then their taste would not be complex or they might lack appreciation for professionally cooked food. For some it might not be that they have bad taste but they just haven't had the chance to develop or aim to develop it.

• Haha He could be right.
    I just know if someone is a chef, a very good cook, they make what they like and what others might like and do their very best at pleasing everyone.
    I prefer to make sweets when I can do some baking.

Most Helpful Guys

• food is based on what you want to eat, so you order that entree, dish, sides, which herb is unwanted on the dish, if he wants the sauce on the side, and etc. that part he's right on. but which seasoning is used, how it's seasoned, how it's cooked, that is all up to the chef, the restaurant menu, and cuisine type, that part is what you're right on.

• Yeah. If a top chef cooks for you, and you don’t like it. That’s because you have no class

• well, i was talking about just regularly eating outside at restaurants. but i don't think that is true either. gordon ramsay doesn't like much of the food that is served to him by the contestants, he tried to cook Asian food at east and southeast asia and was frowned upon by most chefs over there when he tried to put his own twist in it. the top chefs on the shows are mostly frowned upon by the judges as well, so unless you're saying those chefs and judges has no class either then okay i guess lols...

• I don’t think it takes a genius to know Ramsay has great taste. He’s the Gucci of the food industry.

• On what level? My personal taste changes on my mood to my next meal. Which is most likely what I'm going to eat on anygiven day.

Professionals are able to set the mood that's what's makes them the best in that field. Also why majority of people can't eat professionally cooked meals every meal. I think I'll experience a few meals in my life time of that great cooking that counters my normal tastes and be worth the experience.

If you are a rich elite I am picturing you right now you are right. Your friend who I picture is closer to my life experience I would say he is right.

• As I look at your name and remembering your other posts, I want to explain my post without backing away from it, but I should have put more thought into it. I wanted to point out your question came off as ignorant to most peoples situation financially.

Seeing who you are, you clearly want to beable to set the mood in your own ability to cook. You strive to be an expert with food. I think that's great. But Not everyone is working as hard as you with the food they eat. I also think that should be acceptable too.

• YOU WANT TO BE GOOD COOK. GOOD

FRIEND WANT TO JUST WANT TO EAT. ALSO GOOD.

• He can eat shit. Let’s see how far his ideas about personal taste go then.