If you had a restaurant what kind of food would you sell?

0|1

Most Helpful Girls

• Spanish food! And Canadian food and Asian food! Ill call it " CanAsianSpan" lol!

0|2
    0|0
    • Interesting. I like mixed cuisines. This sounds intriguing. What is Canadian food consist of?

• Show All
    • Yes... but one thing poutine is a Canadian dish not an American... but there's lots of other foods, and I can't think of them at the top of my head just yet... lol! 😉

• Thanks for the MHO. Awesome.

• I would sell Sushi. It is probably a lot easier to make than other forms of restaurant food and if you fail to sell your quota of Sushi - you can eat it before it goes bad. I would love to be a sushi shop owner!

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I have a couple of ideas.

Since my wife is Korean, I would love to open an authentic Korean restaurant with her. I have some pretty cool ideas such as separating the restaurant into two areas according to the kind of food that is being served. One area would be for Korean BBQ. It would be louder and smokier and a great place to go for a fun/casual night out. We'd play loud K-pop music just like in the real Korean BBQ restaurants in Shinchon or Hongdae. The other area (maybe upstairs) would be more serene and quiet. I'd make it so that all the walls and doors are made from wood and paper, like in the traditional Korean hanok. Rather than at a "normal", western table, people would be kneeling on a pillow or on a tatami mat on the floor. In this part of the restaurant I'd serve more elevated Korean cuisine, including a number of stews, mixed rice (bibimbap), many different sides (banchan) and so on. Perhaps also a Koreanized play on Japanese Kaiseki.
    This would be a great restaurant to open here in Switzerland, as there is currently not a single, truly good Korean restaurant in my country. Even in the largest city of Switzerland, Zurich, there are currently only two Korean restaurants and their menus are very limited. In my city, there is no Korean restaurant at all (although the city is pretty big).
    So, I feel like this would definitely fill a market gap. The question is whether Swiss people are really ready for Korean food or whether they wouldn't even visit my restaurant (considering even Sushi is considered pretty exotic here).

Another idea I have is to open a café that is also a bookstore and/or library. I've taken this idea from a book store I once visited in Paris. I loved how cozy it felt. It was an old building and there were thousands of books in there. All the bookshelves were very high and the floor/walls/ceiling was wooden. It almost felt like a bookstore in Harry Potter. They had a lot of "alternative" books that other, big stores don't have.
    The only thing that was missing there was an area with some comfy armchairs, a chimney, a couch etc. where people can sit down and order a cup of tea and a piece of cake while they're reading. I'd love to do something like that.

0|1
    0|0
    • So you're from Switzerland? Cool. I did not know that. But your plan sounds awesome and I hope that happens if you ever plan on going through with it. I know personally how difficult it is to start up a restaurant.

I don't like Korean food but regardless, I wish you the best of luck.

• Thank you ;-).

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 9

What Guys Said 7

• Traditional Anglo-Celtic Australian food:

Entrees:
    Pumpkin Soup
    Prawn Cocktail
    Fresh Oysters
    Salad

Mains:
    Steak and kidney pie.
    Lambs Fry with Mashed Potato & Veges
    Grilled Lamb Chops with Mashed Potato, Veges & Gravy
    Curried Prawns & Rice
    Bangers & Mash
    T-Bone Steak with Chips & Gravy.
    Grilled Barramundi with Chips & Salad
    Cottage Pie
    Chicken Schnitzel with Mash or Chips and Gravy
    Chicken Schnitzel Burger with lettuce, tomato & Mayo.

Desserts:
    Peach Melba
    Pavlova
    Rice Pudding with Stewed Rhubarb
    Gramma Pie with Cream
    Trifle
    Fruit Salad & Ice Cream
    Cheese Board

0|1
    0|0
    • You gave me a menu and everything. It didn't seem all too appetizing to me but it doesn't matter, you made a menu. No one else did. So thank you!

• Show All
    • What is baked damper?

• It's a type of Australian style soda bread.

If you had a restaurant what kind of food would you sell?

• I always thought about making ice cream and soda so that. And I'd probably do chicken tenders with all sorts of crazy sauces alongside burgers made from much more than the typical beef. Probably throw in some potato and zuchinni fries as well.

And any other crazy stuff you can do with veggies.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably indian of some kind. I enjoy playing with spices if various kinds. Spicy soups especially.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd probably prefer to own a cafe than a restaurant, I'm not sure though

0|0
    0|0
  • Strangely enough, I've wanted a cafe.

0|1
    0|0
  • Traditional Finnish food.

0|1
    0|0
  • Balls