Do you eat cheap?

How cheap do you eat on the daily? I’ve basically been having ramen for the past week and it’s a downgrade from steaks everyday. Mainly cause I’ve been jobless. I mean I start my new job tomorrow but ill still be eating cheap. It’s a dishwashing position and I’m making wayyyyy less than I did as a cook. But whatever.
Updates:
One day I’ll return as a cook. Until then, it’s the dishpit, to learn some humility.

1|0

Most Helpful Girls

• My dad pays for me currently, but before he had years of discount from me.
    We don’t eat steak daily or anything but we get a weekly deal even after me leaving my job. I do however say hundreds of points by looking after my dad.
    Personally I feel you want a restaurant job, and I would love to give it to you but since proof on this show... you gotta prove

0|0
    0|0
  • I hope you work your way back up to cooking.

I eat on the cheap as much as I can. Very little red meat. Protein from plant sources mostly, including soy, but some chicken and eggs. Fill out a whole meal with a lot of vegetables. Try not to eat white flour - try to make everything whole grain.

You being a good cook may find you can eat pretty well on less money.

This is a good source for recipes: snaped.fns.usda.gov/nutrition-education/recipes

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I’d say I keep it at a relatively low price-range, while maintaining the macro and micronutrients I need. I generally just grocery shop on sundays and buy a bunch of chicken breast, along with basic carbs like rice and bread, and my choice of fruits and veggies. After that, whatever’s left of my budget is spent on more snack food, ice cream, or I use it to eat out during the week.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hey have you tried stir frying your ramen with a few other ingredients of your choice, it's actually not bad.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 16

• I usually like to spend less on the food and try to go healthier by cooking at home most of the time. I keep frozen , fresh vegetables and rice available so I can always cook. I buy minced mest and chicken breasts on deals and use them for most of my food. And I keep many pasta types in hand.

I will spend my money on food that I consider great when ever I feel like it.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's not healthy. Try to buy more vegetables in your diet and less of cholestoral eating foods. There are alternatives ways to eat healthier and not break the bank!

0|0
    0|0
  • I’d do ramen, potatoes fresh veggies bc those work, go to aldi a cheaper supermarket and get the meat on sale... get vitamin c tablets to keep healthy and buy family packs of fish, keep rice on deck and flour... to make dumplings... I always did a beef or chicken broth made veggie dumplings when I could and sautéed hotdogs while seasoning them differently... I tried to change it up every week to keep myself interested

0|0
    0|0
  • Ramen sounds good. I have like 3 packs of spaghetti in my pantry. I’m lucky I love pasta! I could eat it everyday. Unfortunately I live in one of the most expensive cities in the world with a minimum wage job so I have to make do that.

0|0
    0|0
  • No matter your job, as long as you are not starving or are homeless.
    Yes, I look for deals in Walmart and Aldi's.
    Best of luck tomorrow on your new position.

0|0
    0|0
    • Haha No, I have a good amount of money saved and that I earn. But Walmart has great things and Aldi's too, and in between I shop at Higher priced stores when I go shopping.
      by the way, I am no dishwasher but I have a Palmolive touch here. haha

• Just like the sims! From dishwashing to world famous chef, good luck!

I don't eat ramen or fast food, but I don't go to restaurants either. So I guess, average.

0|0
    0|0
  • Woah... who the hell hired you as a cook in the first place?

I eat on 12-25 USD a day.
    2day I had some fish tacos and it was pure bliss.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've been trying to eat more at home instead of eating out all the time but when I'm working it's hard to wait until I get off lol

0|0
    0|0
    • Lmao oh yeah I know how it goes.

• Show All
    • Not all of the people I work with are like that. Some of them are pieces of shit though I will admit lol

• yup I have to get my own food so ramen noodles macroni and cheese here I come :/

0|0
    0|0
  • I definitely dont eat expensively! I'll splurge every now and then

0|0
    0|0
  • I eat very cheap

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont anymore,

0|0
    0|0
  • I eat healthy

0|0
    0|0
  • I love these questions of yours hehe

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes to save money I don’t blame you

0|0
    0|0
  • pizza rolls are a life saver

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 13

• i tend to mix it up. i love steak and buy lots when i find good sales but i also keep plenty of pork and chicken handy since it's cheaper. i tend to not do ramen much just because of the health stuff. but i keep pasta on hand all the time

0|0
    0|0
  • I eat according to financial status the availability of foods and the flexibility to choose the foods of my choice.

0|0
    0|0
  • It actually cheaper to buy groceries and cook at home rather then buy food outside no matter are the food. I always try to buy simple grocery and cook it at home, that's me being cheap on food.

0|0
    0|0
  • I eat meat

0|0
    0|0
  • I try to. Pasta, stew and chilli is pretty cheap if you watch what you’re buying. And I try to hunt and fish for the protein to cut costs a bit

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the day, sometimes I do. Specially if I don’t want to cook. You can cheap and healthy, broccoli, eggs, etc..

0|0
    0|0
  • Hey man, if you are capable of sending yourself to a dishpit after being a chef, you already have humility.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hmm ye i guess i only eat so i can survive i dont like picking on food

0|0
    0|0
  • no, a air amount of my disposable income goes on junk food

0|0
    0|0
  • yes sometimes

0|0
    0|0
  • 8 euros every day