Do you eat cheap?

How cheap do you eat on the daily? I’ve basically been having ramen for the past week and it’s a downgrade from steaks everyday. Mainly cause I’ve been jobless. I mean I start my new job tomorrow but ill still be eating cheap. It’s a dishwashing position and I’m making wayyyyy less than I did as a cook. But whatever.
One day I’ll return as a cook. Until then, it’s the dishpit, to learn some humility.

1815

Most Helpful Girls

• My dad pays for me currently, but before he had years of discount from me.
    We don’t eat steak daily or anything but we get a weekly deal even after me leaving my job. I do however say hundreds of points by looking after my dad.
    Personally I feel you want a restaurant job, and I would love to give it to you but since proof on this show... you gotta prove

• I hope you work your way back up to cooking.

I eat on the cheap as much as I can. Very little red meat. Protein from plant sources mostly, including soy, but some chicken and eggs. Fill out a whole meal with a lot of vegetables. Try not to eat white flour - try to make everything whole grain.

You being a good cook may find you can eat pretty well on less money.

This is a good source for recipes: snaped.fns.usda.gov/nutrition-education/recipes

Most Helpful Guys

• I’d say I keep it at a relatively low price-range, while maintaining the macro and micronutrients I need. I generally just grocery shop on sundays and buy a bunch of chicken breast, along with basic carbs like rice and bread, and my choice of fruits and veggies. After that, whatever’s left of my budget is spent on more snack food, ice cream, or I use it to eat out during the week.

• Hey have you tried stir frying your ramen with a few other ingredients of your choice, it's actually not bad.