To 10% of us, coriander taste like you’re sucking on a rotting dish clothes, I don’t know what it taste like to everyone else. do you like it?

• Yum coriander
  • Wtf dies every single meal on the menu have coriander 🤢🤮
  • Try being an Indian who doesn’t like coriander.. I may as well be a leper.
    Vote C

617

Most Helpful Guys

• When left whole, coriander is as floral as cardamom—its flavor full of citrus and curry, light and sweet (the seeds are fun to crunch on, too). When ground, the seeds' roasted, nutty aromas come to the fore, though at the expense of all that lovely citrus.

• Cool yup, I’ve already heard it tastes good to the other 90% of you :)

• Well the seeds are the part used for seasoning foods, the coriander leafs are also know as cilantro which has a peppery bitter flavor.

• Not to me though :) for 10% of the population coriander taste different, and those same people can smell ants. Weird I know

• Recent studies have found specific genetic differences associated with the taste of cilantro/coriander and why some people find the taste of the herb "soapy".

A study by the personal genomics company 23andMe identified a small DNA variation in a cluster of olfactory receptor genes that is strongly associated with the perception of a “soapy” taste in cilantro. This may be traced to the OR6A2 gene, an olfactory receptor able to bind many of the aldehydes implicated in the herb's very particular smell. Perhaps those with a specific variation in the gene are particularly sensitive to its "soapiness".

I say to those 10% - don't worry. It's probably genetic. That leaves more cilantro/coriander for the rest of us who cannot imagine living without it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I voted A only because I don’t feel as strongly about it as the other two options imply and rarely use it for cooking because I don’t care for indian recipes. but that’s because of the curry. I think corriabder tastes almost citrusy.