To 10% of us, coriander taste like you’re sucking on a rotting dish clothes, I don’t know what it taste like to everyone else. do you like it?

• Yum coriander
    Vote A
  • Wtf dies every single meal on the menu have coriander 🤢🤮
    Vote B
  • Try being an Indian who doesn’t like coriander.. I may as well be a leper.
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• When left whole, coriander is as floral as cardamom—its flavor full of citrus and curry, light and sweet (the seeds are fun to crunch on, too). When ground, the seeds' roasted, nutty aromas come to the fore, though at the expense of all that lovely citrus.

0|0
    0|0
    • Cool yup, I’ve already heard it tastes good to the other 90% of you :)

• Show All
    • Well the seeds are the part used for seasoning foods, the coriander leafs are also know as cilantro which has a peppery bitter flavor.

• Not to me though :) for 10% of the population coriander taste different, and those same people can smell ants. Weird I know

• Recent studies have found specific genetic differences associated with the taste of cilantro/coriander and why some people find the taste of the herb "soapy".

A study by the personal genomics company 23andMe identified a small DNA variation in a cluster of olfactory receptor genes that is strongly associated with the perception of a “soapy” taste in cilantro. This may be traced to the OR6A2 gene, an olfactory receptor able to bind many of the aldehydes implicated in the herb's very particular smell. Perhaps those with a specific variation in the gene are particularly sensitive to its "soapiness".

I say to those 10% - don't worry. It's probably genetic. That leaves more cilantro/coriander for the rest of us who cannot imagine living without it.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I voted A only because I don’t feel as strongly about it as the other two options imply and rarely use it for cooking because I don’t care for indian recipes. but that’s because of the curry. I think corriabder tastes almost citrusy.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 15

• Corriander on its own is pretty gross... it tastes like rotten socks in acid to me! But surprisingly enough, it seems to blend in nicely with certain Asian spices so I dunno

1|0
    0|0
  • Liquorice tastes like dead body ass crack. Don't ask how I know...

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, some people have a reaction to it where it tastes like soap or something else really bad. It may be akin to things like lactose intolerance or the inability to properly digest certain beans. I personally love the taste of cilantro or coriander and do not have an intolerance for it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh, you mean Dhaniya. I don't know the white people names of vegetables.

Yeah it kinda tates like soap but you're supposed to cook it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Coriander is the best! That alone smells good but it's just bitter but I don't mind. It's good paired with citrus and yogurt,

0|0
    0|0
  • Just eat American food porkchops steaks mashed potatoes green beans or some tastey walleye fish Mmm lake perch

0|0
    0|0
  • I’ve had neither rotting dish clothes or coriander. 😂😂😂

0|0
    0|0
  • Coriander rocks, awesome on a roast pork roll, with pâté, soy sauce and salad.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a similar thing with cucumber

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't know.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not a great taste

1|0
    0|0
  • I read this article. I like the taste of this.

1|0
    0|0
  • what the fuck is coriander

1|0
    0|0
  • I like it with certain fish dishes

0|0
    0|0
  • l love it lol

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• Lol those who think it tastes like soap have a certain gene which makes them taste that.
    I love coriander! It's popular in my culture. It doesn't taste like soap at all in my opinion.

0|0
    0|0

• Lmao it's cilantro for those of u who don't have a clue

0|0
    0|0
  • I love it.
    I make a killer Asian coleslaw and it's The Star ingredient.

0|0
    0|0
  • Uh, what IS coriander?

1|0
    0|0
  • I had to use Google to see what coriander is.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes