• No, I don't like Indian food
    Vote C
  • I've never tried Indian food
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|3

Most Helpful Guys

• Being an Indian myself, yes I do. India in its own has variety of culture with thousands of cuisines in different styles. The so-called “Indian curry” is itself of zillion types. The diversity in India has helped it in evolving a mix of the lip-smacking foods. Talking about my personal favourite, nothing in the world beats Mughlai. Mughlai basically deals with non-vegan food stuffs in traditional “Nawabi” style. Some people on here would’ve heard of “Korma”. It comes under Mughlai lol.

1|1
    0|0
    • I forgot to mention this-
      India has always been a hub of spices. That’s a reason why we love *spicy* food. Simple food is just meh to many of us XD

• Thanks for MHO🤗

Most Helpful Girls

• I've never tried it but it looks yummy.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 43

• Never had it. Have you ever had Polynesian food?

2|0
    0|0
  • Indian food is not just food, they make food with love and joy... Indians like to serve delicious food to their guests or customers.

The recipe of India food are excellent and very different in every food, people who love spicy, average, or non spicy food they can get their choice in India...

I really appreciate and have to tell everyone one that you have to try Indian food before you die... if u haven't try Indian food till u die ur life is wasted...

2|1
    0|0
  • Authentic Indian food is great!
    The Indian restaurant by the corner that uses the same base sauce for all 36 of their dishes such that if you do a blind tasting you can't tell which dish is which - not so great.

One thing that I REALLY like about Indian cuisine is that its vegetarian cuisine is among the best and most varied in the world. I'm not vegetarian, but I enjoy eating meat-free meals from time to time. And once you've eaten Indian vegetarian cuisine, it's hard to go back to raw arugala and baby rocket in vinaigrette.

1|0
    0|0
  • The Indian food that I’ve had was amazing, really yummy.

1|1
    0|0
    • You should head to the West Midlands. You'd really LOVE the Indian food there. Some of the best outside India...

• I am Indian, I eat home cooked indian food every day and I love it! 😄

1|1
    0|0
  • Well, India has a diverse culture with unique cuisine and I find the south Indian ( Kerala+Tamil Nadu) cuisine to be the best tasting

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I mean mostly just chicken korma for me but a lot of indian food I actually haven't tried

2|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I love Indian food
    Being from Pakistan, our food is very similar (almost same) as indians and we love it.

1|0
    0|0
  • l love it and l can cook it as well spice of life lol

2|0
    0|0
  • I love Indian food. Thats the only thing I miss about India

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't totally know what you can call Indian food...

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I think I've had maize before... Oh wait your talking about the other Indians

1|0
    0|0
  • Never tried it, but I would love to try it sometime.

1|0
    0|0
  • Use more emulsifiers... turns into a greasy mess after a while, or when reheated.

0|0
    0|0
  • I never tried Indian food , something i should try.

0|0
    0|0
  • Northern Indian is my favorite cuisine.

2|0
    0|0
    • I'd eat it more often if I could properly make dishes other than Yellow Dal and Chana Masala.

• Butter chicken with naan bread mmmmm...

1|0
    0|0

1|0
    0|0
  • I love it.

3|0
    0|0
  • It's freaking GREAT!

1|0
    0|0
  • I've never had any.

1|0
    0|0
  • Hell yeah man; tikka masala is delicious.

1|1
    0|0
  • Aaaawwww yissssss!

2|1
    0|0
  • As long as it's not too spicy.

1|0
    0|0
  • No they don’t serve beef

1|0
    0|0
  • It's so good!!!

1|1
    0|0
  • Its ok if the chills are kept under control.

1|0
    0|0
  • Love it, especially when it's a Lamb dish.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah which I rarly ever have.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 21

• I sure do! There's a bunch of diffrent Indian restaurants near me and I also have a several friends who are Indian, so it's a treat when I'm craving Indian to find a several good places to eat out or head over to a friend's for an authentic cooked meal!

1|0
    0|0
  • I tried chicken ticka masala with my friends at a restaurant 2 days ago, and it was sooo delicious. We all loved it, and i would love to try other dishes as well.

1|0
    0|0
  • Hell yes! I grew up in a very Indian area so Indian food was very much in my home.

2|0
    0|0
  • From what I tried meh but I didn’t try a lot, I’m open minded mostly when it comes to food and I love food. So I’ll try more stuff. Any suggestions?

1|0
    0|0
    • Try some combination meals like Pav-bhaji, Idli-sambar, Chole-bhatoora, etc. That way you'll get dishes exactly the way they're supposed to be enjoyed. 😊😊

• Okay thank you 🙏

• I love it, but it's not something I want to eat too frequently.

1|0
    0|0
  • Indian food is okay, @RedRobin, But a bit too spicy. xx

1|0
    0|0
  • It's okay. I love the spices, and the curry, but I like Thai food better.

1|0
    0|0
  • Ok wow you are tempting me though this is my cusine. So here’s my recipe for butter chicken or what we call ‘malai murgh’ .

I usually add recipes by method not by ingredients as it’s all per your tastes.

1. In a big wok yes a wok we call it ‘tadka’ add butter: 1 tbsp and 1 teaspoon cumin. Now to get a sharp anise based taste you can use black cumin / jeera that you find in our spice stores.

Wait for crackling sounds and add two peppercorns. A handful of curry leaves fresh only. One red chili whole.

2. Add asofoetida / hing powder and the onions diced. Here you use red onions in out recipes.

3. Caramelise onions until transparent almost. Add a teaspoon of turmeric powder. Alternatively fresh grated turmeric/ curcumin is a smack of a taste. Add 2 inches of the length of ginger that is GRATED.

Brown and add chicken : fresh best bets for taste. Frozen if you have none on hand and want to finish your stock.

0|1
    0|0
    • 4. Add another tablespoon butter and sauté till brown.

5. Transfer to a plate to set aside.
      The pieces of browned chicken.

• You can substitute with paneer for vegetarian recipes.

No tofu or anything but you may use ricotta cheese with carrots, peas, raisin and shallow fry in a separate dish to add here. That makes it Royal nargis kofta. My favorite.

5. Add 1/3 cup yoghurt strained and sauté then follow with a small can of tomato paste.

6. You may add a tablespoon of almond or preferably cashew butter. Sauté.

Here is WHERE YOU ADD TIKKA PASTE : for a easy start just use Pataks base paste of tikka paste or use simmer sauces in your local supermarket aisle. I prefer pataks hot curry paste. The spice is not intense as one might presume.

7. Keep aside 1 cup of chicken stock.
      8. You may wish to continue cooking on stove or alternatively opt to transfer to a slow cooker or the pressure cook on high mode for 22 minutes.
      I would use that to make the rice separate. Ofcourse the Persian tahdig is best with butter chicken. Omg it is a buttery compliment to this curry.

• Looks really good. Almost reminds me of Chinese food with the rice and the giant pieces of meat

1|0
    0|0
  • It's pretty much the same as Pakistani food, which I've basically grown up with so yeah.☺❤

1|0
    0|0
  • When I think Indian food, scalped potatoes always comes to mind.

1|0
    0|0
  • And what is all that?

1|0
    0|0
  • Love it 😍

2|1
    0|0
    • Outside India, the UK has some of the best Indian food I've ever tasted.

• @dantetheexplorer I’d love to go to India and try the real thing, from what I understand the dishes are very different

• Yes. "Indian" food in the UK can be a mix of other cuisines, like Sri Lankan, Bangladeshi, etc. And sometimes the food is a little "heavier", like the naan bread being a little heavier than the real thing in India. Anyway, you should go one day. If you do, make sure you try the street food - in my experience food sold on the street can taste better than even the dishes served at the most pricey restaurant.

2|0
    0|0
  • yes spicy vegetables are delicious

2|0
    0|0
  • Never tried it

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think I've ever tried Indian food

1|0
    0|0
  • I love it very much.

1|0
    0|0
  • never tried it

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope

1|0
    0|0
  • I don’t think I’ve ever tried Indian food but I’d open to it if I get the opportunity

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes