Question for my fellow vegans, why did you chose to become vegan?

For me it's definitely the 1st
  • I love the animals
    Vote A
  • Health benefits
    Vote B
  • Better for the enviornment
    Vote C
  • I don't like the taste of meat or dairy
    Vote D
  • It was the way I was raised
    Vote E
  • Other
    Vote F
  • I'm not vegan
    Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
If anyone is gonna get their undies in a knot, I'm asking WHY people chose to be vegan, whether or not those reasons are justified is a discussion for another day.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Pretty much all the reasons you list there or not even true. There's no health benefits it's actually a health negative. That's why you need to take so many vitamin pills to make up for the stuff you're missing even doctors tell you this.

It is not better for the environment when you factor in the logistics of it. Thanks to the cost of that a vegetarian vegan diet is actually worse for the environment thanks to the massive amounts a transportation that needs to go into it most being flown in to make it certainly not spoiled.

Most animals will go extinct if it wasn't for us humans taking care of them for food.

0|1
    0|0
    • 1st of all, it is healthier than a Standard American Diet, it requires far less resources to sustain a vegan diet and people would still use those animals as pets even if we weren't breeding them for food (as they do). BUT
      2nd, that's a debate for another question, this was just asking WHY people chose to be vegan.

Someone got triggered LOL

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to be vegan but had to switch to vegetarian because of health reasons. I dont really like the taste of meat and I hate milk and eggs. The meat industry is awful and it's just all around in general better for you and the environment and animals.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• I am a beef and dairy farmer and we treat our cows well. no antiboticks in meet or milk in stores ever
    just when they are sick we treet them when they are sick and there is a holding period for milk and meet

0|0
    0|0
  • I find it odd that you didn't include an option: "I like to annoy people by dragging my fucking diet choices into every conversation." That's gotta be why 90+% of people choose to not eat tasty things.

0|0
    0|0
  • Im going to double up on meat for a week just because you posted this, you vapid attention seeking bimbo.

0|0
    0|0
    • So you got pissy just because I asked other vegans why they went vegan (no whether or not those reasons were valid)?

Someone's insecure with his actions ;)

• Dont you love when meat eaters get all offended over vegans and vegetarians just existing? "Hurr durr I'm gonna go have a cheeseburger now" like ok Dave you do that it's not like I haven't heard that a million times already and miraculously after hearing it a million and one times I still dont care.

• i love animals, but im not vegan. im a meat eater

also, most vegetarians, usually wind up turning back

0|0
    0|0
  • I do not believe in killing animals and have them dead animals on my plate to eat!

0|0
    0|0
  • Because I hate myself.

0|1
    0|0
  • I love mother fucking nature

0|0
    0|0
  • they never cheat, always look at the real side

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes