Question for my fellow vegans, why did you chose to become vegan?

For me it's definitely the 1st
  • I love the animals
  • Health benefits
  • Better for the enviornment
    Vote C
  • I don't like the taste of meat or dairy
    Vote D
  • It was the way I was raised
    Vote E
  • Other
    Vote F
  • I'm not vegan
    Vote G
If anyone is gonna get their undies in a knot, I'm asking WHY people chose to be vegan, whether or not those reasons are justified is a discussion for another day.

19

Most Helpful Guy

• Pretty much all the reasons you list there or not even true. There's no health benefits it's actually a health negative. That's why you need to take so many vitamin pills to make up for the stuff you're missing even doctors tell you this.

It is not better for the environment when you factor in the logistics of it. Thanks to the cost of that a vegetarian vegan diet is actually worse for the environment thanks to the massive amounts a transportation that needs to go into it most being flown in to make it certainly not spoiled.

Most animals will go extinct if it wasn't for us humans taking care of them for food.

• 1st of all, it is healthier than a Standard American Diet, it requires far less resources to sustain a vegan diet and people would still use those animals as pets even if we weren't breeding them for food (as they do). BUT
      2nd, that's a debate for another question, this was just asking WHY people chose to be vegan.

Someone got triggered LOL

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to be vegan but had to switch to vegetarian because of health reasons. I dont really like the taste of meat and I hate milk and eggs. The meat industry is awful and it's just all around in general better for you and the environment and animals.