Would you leave a tip if someone doesn't give eye contact and is unfriendly with you?

My so called mother said they still deserve a tip, and I disagree if the waitress or waiter is unfriendly, nervous, avoid eye contact, and sometimes doesn't even serve me why should I give a tip? You have to work for your money, and not serving you is discrimination, last time I checked. I even have to be the one to say hello this, and that. It's their job to greet me Of of course, I'm black with dark skin, it wouldn't happen otherwise. My mom's Dominican, so she doesn't understand.
After bad service, I go on the internet and expose those workers it I know they're name's of course.

3633

Most Helpful Girls

• I agree with u... U don't HAVE to leave a tip... The only obligation u have is to pay the meal... Leaving a tip is a courtesy... Its a "thank you for your service... If the service is poor, why would you thank you? Im not hypocrite... I worked as a waitress one summer... and there are to ways to approach the Job... U can try ur best, or do the minimum required... By trying ur best i mean.. Be nice, force a smile if u have to... Crack a joke if ur in the mood... The friendlier u are the fatter the tip... Doing minimum required... u can't expect a bonus...

• So let me get this straight you don't like to tip your waiter/waitress if they don't make eye contact, nervous. I can understand if you don't want to tip because they weren't friendly, rude, bad service, terrible food and didn't serve you that's understandable. You don't have to tip big but tip something because they still serving you. I feel like you just being cheap and finding every reason not to tip them. Since you don't feel like tipping make your own food at home. You will save a lot of money.

• It's unfriendly in general. The lack of eye contact is part of it

• You act like you don't have any other place to eat that will give you equality. If they aren't treating you right. Why eat their food? Why make them richer? Now you want to give some history lesson etc. After calling me a hoe, trump voter etc. You are full of it. Grow up! You're not doing anything to change the situation but just complain about it. Coming online complaining is not making a difference. Being in a restaurant that you feel is giving you bad service because of the color of your skin is not making a difference either. You weren't warning people not to go to that restaurant anymore. Also, you weren't standing up for equality either. You only started saying this now because you know you full of it but don't want to admit it. By giving a racist restaurant your hard earn money instead of walking out to me it looks like you are already a slave.

• It's black people cooking the food and whites serving you imbecile

Most Helpful Guys

• Tipping is awful. Its demanded for sub par performances. Its just another indication of the societal rot in North America. Its only to subsidize lazy unethical servers who otherwise couldnt work past selling chocolate bars. Its there to privellege the dumbest among societywe have to offer so that they dont find themselves destitute from their laziness. It subsidizes entitled bratty children who refuse to work at anything that isn't overpaid. Its the easiest of jobs you can find and the highest paying for the least amount of work.

But a well earned tip is a well earned tip. If its closing time and Im stopping the staff from going home Im paying for a bit of the overtime.

I dont mind tipping chefs though. Only if its really busy or if its high class. Sometimes chefs pull miracles and they put more into the meal than what you could imagine. The servers just rob the chef because theyre assholes.

• Also one of the only sexist professions around. there's no ugly chicks and there's only ever 1 guy. Men and ugly women aren't allowed working as servers. Establishments only ever hire 1 man and thats to avoid charges laid against the company of discrimination. Out of almost every restaurant you go to, it will be like that. Forget the unicorn stores, the 1 other place thats the exception. Men and ugly women aren't allowed to work their and its ridiculous. Men are better at it and really women are better behind the counter in the kitchen. Women are nuerotic and can't handle the stress with keeping up appearences. Men can. The offside is that women can really pump out work when they are steaming up. Our sexist system now should actualky be reversed. Women cooking and men serving. However, what the support for tips vanish when that happens.

• Is unattractive and ugly the same thing to you?

• no, not neccessarily. There's plenty of beautiful girls I wouldn't want to bump because I just don't like them. An ugly person is just difficult to look at, sort of speak.

• I don’t need someone to be my best friend when I go out to eat, they just need to do their job and makes sure I get my food, drinks, and bill at appropriate times. If they mess up my order, leave my food around to get cold, leave me thirsty, leave me waiting to get out the door, etc. then they’ll get screwed over at tip time. I know their busy, often tired, and are working multiple tables for tips, while fighting with the kitchen to get shit done… They pop between tables fast to make sure everyone has what they need usually. Them not stopping to kissing your ass every time they pass doesn’t even come to being in the ballpark of being racist...

• Not kissing your ass, just give me service like the hgve the white man his service.😊

• That's how white people are treated as well. If you want exemplary service then go to a 5 star restaurant and the maître d, waiter, hostess, server, etc. will all keep you happy for $200+ a person plus a fat tip...