How cheap do you eat?

Lately I’ve been spending less. By making cheap soups that only require potatoes, mirepoix and cheap meats.
How cheap do you eat?

Today I made Brots, Chicago style buns toasted with butter and a potato soup. This meal is probably like 2$. I made enough for the next few days and i spent like 15$. I could spend that on one meal at a restaurant.
Updates:
Money counts when you have to pay bills. Lmao chump.
Also. Ireland lived off potatoes. They’re incredibly good for you. And they can make so many dishes. Just lmao if you think you know nutrition and say what I have in the pic isn’t enough to keep you healthy.

0|1

Most Helpful Girls

• Very cheaply even though my dad makes a very high income.

0|1
    0|0
    • What does he do?

• Show All
    • That’s a lot of coco pebbles

Most Helpful Guys

• Meat only one time in 2 weeks, much noddles and eggs, cheese only sometimes (my liver thanks me for that)... going out to eat, only if my girlfriend asks

As cheap as I can, need to save money for an apartment...

0|0
    0|0
    • Plus, I grow my own vegetables and herbs

• I have a garden too. I grow cilantro and jalapeños.

• Nice. Here is it too cold for jalapeños, but I have turk sweet-hot chillis...
      Years ago I lived on countryside and had a glasshouse, many years I didn't need to buy any vegetables or herbs... then I moved and realized stores sell just trash, so I startet again...12 buckets a 25litres... its absolutely worth the work

• I think that looks good what you made. People are use to living
    off the fat of the lamb. I know all about eating cheap you got to
    that is way it is when you got bills that need paid. You either pay
    your bills or get them shut off. I had a Verizon Wireless account
    i paid $70.00 on a bill that was $138.00 . Well, i was 16 days late
    and didn't pay the full amount in full. I made payment arrangements
    online with Verizon Wireless customer care they claimed it never
    showed that arrangements was made. So they suspended my service
    with Verizon they want paid in full. No partial payments well i learn
    my lesson they are out for the rich and the hell with the poor.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 15

• Not very... my bank breaks down what I spend for each category and on average I spend $800 a month on groceries and $300 on eating out. Food here is more expensive though (a kg of potato is $4, a dozen eggs $6 and 2L of milk $4.80)

0|0
    0|0
  • Real cheap. Unless I'm eating out. (Insert gay joke)

I usually have cheap ingredients at the house but I'll try to go to a nice restaurant once a week or so.

0|0
    0|0
  • I always buy the cheapest groceries I can find.
    I'm sure if I wanted to, I could eat for much less than I do right now, although I don't need to at the moment. (financially anyway... heh)

0|0
    0|0
  • Cheap because we have bills to pay... if you starve they won't put you in jail. But if you don't pay council tax they will put you in jail.

0|0
    0|0
  • omg!!! when younger... had TV dinners... lol... can't remember how much way back...

0|0
    0|0
  • We had red beans and rice today
    Pennies per person

0|0
    0|0
  • We usually get mostly organic stuff so not cheap at all lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I always love making ramen.. usually korean brands and I add a bunch of my own stuff to them. So yeah I eat cheap sometimes.

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess $500 on groceries and around $100 on fast food lol

0|0
    0|0
  • The food I eat is pretty expensive.

0|0
    0|0
  • All my food is expensive

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t eat cheap

0|0
    0|0
  • Fast Food I guess.

0|0
    0|0
  • What's mirepoix?

0|0
    0|0
  • Dude why do you get so defensive all the time in your questions?

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 17

• With BOGOs and coupons stocking my pantry and freezer (buying a month to two out) it’s pretty easy to eat a diet of around 2000 calories that is a mix of meats, grains, veggies, fruits, and dairy daily for about a $1 USD. I supplement that with various seasonings and luxuries whenever I want.

0|0
    0|0
    • Today for breakfast I had oatmeal with honey and dehydrated cranberries, black coffee, and a banana. For lunch I had lima bean soup (ham, potatoes, lima beans, onion, garlic, carrots, chicken broth, seasoning). For dinner I had chicken with potatoes and green beans with a Parmesan sauce. I also ate some yogurt for a snack.

• Not cheap at all.

Food quality is something I place high on my list of values (think organic, grass fed beef, local farm eggs, wild caught salmon, etc).

The quality of food I eat impacts my mental performance at work and my favorite hobbies (cycling).

It's not worth eating cheap low quality food.

1|0
    0|0
  • Patatoes are the best.

And me about £15 on microwave meals and snacks and drinks. But since i am greedy and eat a lot i get a takeway every night pretty much.

So a lot more but if had to live of lowest amout it would be £15 probably about $20 or something.

0|0
    0|0
  • I live pretty much as cheap as I can afford to, I don't make a lot of money, but I make enough to not need to skimp too much on things, one pretty cheap dish I rather enjoy is slow cooked mince beef (leave it in the slow cooker while I'm at work), this is slow cooked in the shop bought shepards pie gravy mix things so it's quite thick when it's done and then you have this with some Yorkshire puddings, costs if say roughly about a fiver at most and it usually lasts me 2 days

0|0
    0|0
  • I eat unhealthy, sorta expensive foods but I eat once per day so its okay

0|0
    0|0
  • Just eat turkey and ham sandwiches. But it doesn't save me anything because everyone in the house eats all my food before I even touch it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not cheap with my health, hygiene and food. I don't believe in spending lots of money on food, but $20 dollars or so for a meal is good for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I make soups from stocks I make from chicken bones and ham bones and turkey bones. I can my own beans.

I make meat loaf and sausages from scrap

0|0
    0|0
    • And it’s so incredibly cheap to do so. Also buying large cuts of meat and butchering yourself can save 10s of dollars.

• Pork shoulder and butt as well as loin are cheap if you can get it wholesale. Which I do. Even pork belly so I make my own bacon.

• About €8.20 every single day on average including breakfast and lunch. And if someone asks, I eat healthy

0|0
    0|0
  • I generally do. Lots of pasta, chilli and stews.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its expensive

0|0
    0|0
  • Like 3-5 $ meal and i only eat once a day.

0|0
    0|0
  • Money doesn't count.

0|0
    0|0
    • Money does not count when u work and eat for yourself rather than just bring up on social sites to praise yourself.

• 100$ every month

0|0
    0|0
  • The food I eat is pretty expensive.

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess if you don't care about nutrition and just want filler you can eat cheap. But this is one of the biggest differences between people the food you eat if it's high quality gives you much better health.

Really you should be spending about 30 or $40 a day at the very least to get what's needed

0|0
    0|3
    • Nah. Veggies are cheap. Most of the money I spent on this meal are the brots. And they’re quality stuff. What matters most is that you eat fresh and cook it yourself. None of that frozen processed shit.

• Show All
    • And you continuing to miss the point yes they're rich in nutrients but not enough you need.

But no point you'll not understand people like you think just because they can stay alive will what they're eating that's enough until they actually try it and understand how wrong they truly were.

• Stay off the crack pipe.

Recommended myTakes