Do you think restaurant staff "messes" with patrons' food sometimes?

• Yes, and it's not uncommon
    Vote A
  • Rarely (1 in 1000 will experience this, per visit)
    Vote B
  • Never (Far less than 1/1000)
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Who do you think tends to be the victims: IR couples (minority waiter doesn't like their people dating out), rude customers, someone of the wrong race (from the servers point of view), people who look like they might be off-duty cops, or just random customers?
How do you all eat out knowing the risks?

0|1

Most Helpful Girls

• lol i work at mcdonalds but no one rlly messed with food (that i know of), but if u adk for something specific 9/10 u won't get it

1|2
    0|0
  • If its a franchise its not likely, like McDonalds etc are surprisingly clean. Otherwise yeah. I know some stories 🀒.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• That's why I don't like to have problems with the waiter. They have total power over your food. They can spit in it real fast without anybody paying attention. Of course that's a cowardly move

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 14

• Trust me, it's tempting to spit on someone's burger, but you don't. Though it's always fun to keep the fuzz on their toes by saying "it's for a cop" into a microphone πŸ˜‚ (in my experience, the staties actually get a kick out of it)

0|1
    0|0
  • For sure they mess with food. If you are rude that is, or maybe them. Once this guy was super rude to the waiter. He told the waiter to get him some water since he has been waiting so long. The waiter did and asked if he wanted anything else and the man said "ya, don't forget my water" i bet that waiter pissed in his food.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know heard that you'll eat at least 5 Pune hairs from take out food in a life time correct me if I'm wrong

0|1
    0|0
  • Rude customers? But regardless of which customers, I think this is so despicable.

1|1
    0|0
  • Ofc a older friend of mine who works in a popular fast food joint, constantly shares stories on how they take revenge on rude customers

1|1
    0|0
  • Never bite the hand that feeds you.
    Be nice to wait staff

0|1
    0|0
  • I've never noticed this but yeah probably if they ahte ur ass lol

0|1
    0|0
  • I hope not, I have dietary requirements πŸ™„πŸ˜³

0|2
    0|0
    • I think rude customers are most likely to be victimised though.

• Definitely

0|1
    0|0
  • On occasion if your an a$$ I'm sure

0|1
    0|0
  • No, not if you to a high end restaurant.

0|1
    0|0
    • I heard a 5 star hotel got in trouble for wiping dishes with used customer bed sheets loll

• Show All
    • I don't know my friend told me about it, it’s some hidden camer thing or somethig they did to see what hotels r like, it’s online if u wana read it loll

• I doubt a high end restaurant would put themselves at risk like that

• I would think in some places but rare

0|1
    0|0
  • I would say sometimes ya

0|1
    0|0
  • Beware of restaurants run by Asians!

0|2
    1|0
    • UK Asians (Indians) or US Asians (Chinese)?

• Show All
    • So true! The Chinese waiters and cooks and even the owners of Chinese restaurants are notorious for being disgusting if you complain even just a bit.

• You get it.

What Guys Said 36

• I think on occasion the staff "mess" with patrons' food, if you are being stingy or ungracious as a patron. However, in my experience I have not had this problem. Manners maketh man.

0|1
    0|0
  • It is a fact that is does happen sometimes. It is totally wrong for them to do that of course. From what I hear, when it does happen, it is to a person's food who is complaining a lot.

0|1
    0|0
  • Rude customers, bad tippers, geeks get hit a lot on this too. People who run in opposite circles than wait/cook staff.

0|1
    0|0
    • LOL why geeks?

• Around this area they are really looked down on. It is better to be a druggie than a gamer.

• I thought you were talking about highly-paid techies. Gamers are even more of a mystery as to why they'd be hated by staff.

• ya of course... when I use to work at this resto... people use to drop food on the floor sometimes by accident, like a full bin of salad for instance and dump it back in... probably got dirt in it, some hair... etc...
    happened all the time

0|1
    0|0
  • As someone that has worked in a restaurant, I can tell you that it is pretty rare for the staff to mess with people's food. If someone is caught doing it or even just suspected of it, they are instantly fired. Anything to avoid a potential lawsuit. If the food seems low quality, the most likely reason is that the food was made in a rush because of a large backlog of orders we had.

0|1
    0|0
  • I've known more then a dozen restaurant food handlers who confessed to me to having messed with a patrons food order just prior to delivering it to their table

0|1
    0|0
  • Let me put it this way. I wouldn't want to go back to a restaurant where I stiffed the waiter on the tip the last time.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, some people do, but it doesn't happen very often, at least not on purpose.
    Most people are good, and they wouldn't mess with a customer's food, even if they think of it lol

0|1
    0|0
  • Even if the staff does something to the food, I am confident that most people will not do that because they know it would get them fired, and it's not worth it. As long as I don't know what goes on in the kitchen, it's not a problem for me.

0|1
    0|0
  • A little floor spice makes everything nice... Yes it happens. Yes it happens in high end restaurants...

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes they do l worked in a very large hotel many years ago and any food that was not eaten by the costomer was reused the chefs took it of the returned plates and washed it then put it in the microwave

0|1
    0|0
  • I have a feeling that they do.

Which is why I tell my friends to shut up and not complain until after we're done eating.

0|1
    0|0
  • It has happened. So beware of being rude to restaurant staff!

0|1
    0|0
  • As it is a crime AND the establishment is civilly liable (criminally if it has knowledge) it is probably rare.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes they do. Just talk to anyone that has had a lot of experience working in restaurants and most will tell you it happens often.

0|1
    0|0
  • most do not
    but if you piss them off lol

good luck

0|1
    0|0
  • It happens a lot more than we think
    Wether u piss off the staff or not there are a lot of sick fucks working there

1|0
    0|0
  • Working in restaurants for a decade I can tell you (besides eating off a plate) it's extremely rare.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's their main stream of income, but some patrons deserve it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Absolutely especially if you're an asshole to them or someone they know.

0|1
    0|0
    • I go where I know and trust the employees enough not to mess with it, and I treat them well.

• Probably, yes. It's why I'm always polite to them.

0|1
    0|0
  • Only if you piss them off.

0|1
    0|0
  • Rarely, if you have been a bad customer.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah if you fuck with them.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not with any of mine.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think thats mainly an American thing.

0|1
    0|0
  • If you keep sending it back

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm sure it happens.

0|1
    0|0
  • you piss them off and yes..

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on the place but sometimes yes