Who should pay the bill on the first date?

Do you agree or not agree that men should be the ones to pay on first dates?
I’ve heard that men do not feel manly if the woman offered to pay instead, is that true?

Or equally split the bill in half? Maybe pay for what you wanted and he pays his bit. Who should pay the bill on the first date?

811

Most Helpful Girls

• I would want to pay for myself and I'd want the other person to pay for themselves. Maybe when we get closer, it'd be okay for one person to pay the entire bill and then next time the other pays, but on the first date I think it should be kept separate.

• I think it should be split

• So 1/2?
      recently, some guy went on a date with a girl who ordered lobster and wine and expected to go halves even though the bill piled up because of the food she ordered and he only ordered a meal that costed upto £15.00.

What do you think of that?

• When I say half I meant pay for your own, not literally half

• 👍🏻 that’s how I’d like it to be

Most Helpful Guys

• The man should pay the first bill.

• Why? If won’t be fair would it

• It's just the way I am. I'd definitely pay the bill. It's not about being fair, it's about being a guy.

• Aw that’s sweet!

• Both of them, of course.