Who should pay the bill on the first date?

Do you agree or not agree that men should be the ones to pay on first dates?
I’ve heard that men do not feel manly if the woman offered to pay instead, is that true?

Or equally split the bill in half? Maybe pay for what you wanted and he pays his bit. Who should pay the bill on the first date?

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I would want to pay for myself and I'd want the other person to pay for themselves. Maybe when we get closer, it'd be okay for one person to pay the entire bill and then next time the other pays, but on the first date I think it should be kept separate.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it should be split

0|0
    0|0
    • So 1/2?
      recently, some guy went on a date with a girl who ordered lobster and wine and expected to go halves even though the bill piled up because of the food she ordered and he only ordered a meal that costed upto £15.00.

What do you think of that?

• When I say half I meant pay for your own, not literally half

• 👍🏻 that’s how I’d like it to be

Most Helpful Guys

• The man should pay the first bill.

0|0
    0|1
    • Why? If won’t be fair would it

• It's just the way I am. I'd definitely pay the bill. It's not about being fair, it's about being a guy.

• Aw that’s sweet!

• Both of them, of course.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I think whoever asked the other should be WILLING to pay, but if I were asked I'd be more comfortable splitting.

Personally, I feel guilty and like I owe a debt when people buy things for me which isn't an emotion I'd like to dwell on for a date. So the person who asked should offer, but not push it if the other party would prefer to split.

0|1
    0|0
  • The person who asked the other out is responsible for paying. But they should be willing to accept if the other offers.

0|0
    0|2
  • I feel like the guy should offer but at the same time the girl should be willing to pay for herself and not just expect the guy to pay for everything

0|0
    0|1
  • Whoever asked should pay, and thats the guy 99% of the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe you should do a dine and dash. Save your money

0|0
    0|0
    • I’ve done it with sugar daddies 😉 but only cause I needed to get my bills paid. Though I’ve never done it to a guy who genuinely wanted to go out with me. That’s different

• Well I was not serious anyways. I think people should go dutch on first date

• The guy. Always. Not just the first date

0|0
    0|1
    • Wait no that’s a little too much on the guy

• Show All
    • So it’s not just full on sodium

• Probably a good idea. I usually buy meal kits though because it's easy and semi cheap

• The woman

0|1
    0|0
  • both should pay, I always try to split the bill

0|0
    0|0
    • So halving the bill? What if the girl ordered lobster and wine and the guy only bought a meal upto £15.00.

Would you say that is fair?

• oh I wouldn't go to a restaurant as a first date, I usually go for a beer or coffee because it doesn't require as much time as dinning -in case I don't like my date- and there's always the possibility of doing something afterwards if we click
      If the orders are not around the same price then each should pay for their own meal. I'm not a spender, spending more money doesn't make it a better date it would only make me uncomfortable

• Her husband, probably

1|0
    0|0
  • Men always

0|0
    0|2
  • I dont allow the girl to pay ever

0|0
    0|0
  • Who ever asked the other person out

0|0
    0|0
  • Split

0|0
    0|0
  • I'll pay the bill on the first date. She better either pay on the second or suck my dick at the very least, or else I'm moving on.

0|0
    0|0
  • Whoever asks should pay

1|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes