Do you tip every time it's a option?

Examples At Subway vs. TGI Fridays. Or anywhere else it's a option.

Do you tip every time it's an option?
Do you tip every time it's an option?

0|2

Most Helpful Girl

• No I tip every time! I use to be a waitress and I understand how hard it is to work at a kitchen and still serve people with a smile and the patience to ask if they need something else. I try my best to treat those that serve me with respect and fairly.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Hells to the no. Employers now expect you to tip their help up to 25% even at a fast food counter. The Republicans in their Billionaires’ tax law now allow employers to take that tip. It doesn’t end up in the servers hands anymore. I tip at sit down restaurants and a max of 15%.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's an "option" everywhere. There is no law that states you must tip or be subject to fines and/or imprisonment.

The only time I tip is when I am on a date or out with friends and just don't feel like engaging in the whole tipping debate for the umpteenth time...

0|1
    0|0
  • No. I generally don’t tip into random buckets standing on counters although I have a few times when someone has gone above the typical job requirement. Of course in full service restaurants I p much always tip.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope. Here it's not mandatory and even if it was, I wouldn't do it if the person didn't deserve it.
    A tip is a gift, a bonus. You earn it, you don't demand it. Go beyond what is expected from you in your job, and you might earn it. Just doing what you're paid for isn't enough for a tip.

0|1
    0|0
  • Always and I always do 20%, unless it was specifically the wait staff being shitty. Then I'll speak to the manager and leave like 10%

1|1
    0|0
    • Why do you leave anything at all if the staff were shitty? that makes no sense.

• Show All
    • 6d

Oh yeah because you're such a delight. I'd sure want to deal with you during a lunch rush

• 6d

@Leafpool2 If you're rude to me I'll return the favour, that has nothing to do with my general attitude.

• No i don’t tip at fast food places. Only places where i get waited on at a sit down type place. The only time i don’t tip at sit down places is if the waitress/waitor is blatantly rude

0|1
    0|0
  • if someone is serving me yes. not if there is a jar out. If they do something out of ordinary I will ifI think of it.

0|1
    0|0
  • All RESTARANTS, Some Other Places with a Tip Jar. xx

0|1
    0|0
  • Only at dine in, being served by a waiter/waitress at my table.
    Some of these over the counter places like the Subway example... I never tip.

0|1
    0|0
  • I will tip every waitress. I have been a waitress myself so I understand some days aren’t as good as others and waitresses make most of there money off of tips

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't tip much, people have salaries where I live. if they don't treat me well I will for sure not tip.

0|1
    0|0
  • No not at subway only
    When you sit down and have a waitress take your order and she brings you the food

0|1
    0|0
  • I only tip at small family owned restaurants. I don't tip at huge chains.

0|1
    1|0
  • Not all the time, only if the energy is genuinely good I do

0|1
    0|0
  • If I have the money, I tip whether or not its an option

0|1
    0|0
  • If the food and service and everything is good then yeah

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends, I usually tip good service. However if they are being rude amd disrespectful I won't.

0|1
    0|0
  • Absolutely not. I only tip waitresses with good service.

0|1
    0|0
  • I tip at restaurants at the very least 20% unless the service is very poor, everywhere else I tip at least 10%.

0|1
    0|0
  • not all the time no it depends on the service if its great service ill mostly tip but if its just little things for service i dont tip much

0|1
    0|0
  • At fast food joints, no. But anywhere I’m sitting down and getting table service, yes.

0|1
    0|0
  • I tip for good service and generally only at restaurants and NEVER more than 10%-15%.

0|1
    0|0
  • Most times I tip people and parcel services get £5 tip always

0|1
    0|0
  • Well I live in India and here tiping doesn't happen.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don‘t eat at restaurants much but would tip if I did.

0|1
    0|0
  • No. A tip for handing me a bottle of orange juice? That is absurd.

0|1
    0|0
  • I usually do if it's a sit-down kind of restaurant.

0|1
    0|0
  • Always tip unless it’s the most garbage service I’ve ever experienced.

0|1
    0|0
  • When I earn someday, why not.

0|2
    0|0
  • Yeah. 20% at least

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope. If you’re shitty you get no tip 🤷‍♀️

0|1
    0|0
  • Sometimes. Always depends on the person.

0|1
    0|0
  • I do if the food or service is good

0|1
    0|0
  • i don’t want to tip

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope

0|1
    0|0
  • We dont tip in my country.

0|1
    0|0
  • Always, 25% usually.

0|1
    0|0
  • I give a tip when I can afford to lol

0|1
    0|0
  • I saw an it's always sunny in Philadelphia reference on a tip jar so I had to tip, other than that I don't think I've ever tipped in my life

0|1
    0|0
  • Sometimes I leave the small change but otherwise no. I’m a student and I already pay for things.

0|1
    0|0
  • I never tip.

0|1
    1|0
    • Show All
    • What country do you live in?

• I only ask because in the USA, waiters and waitresses are paid far less than minimum wage because their employers expect customers to tip.

• i would use my 10$ for my next meal. i’m sooorry

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes