Settle an argument for me do caffinated drinks make you have to urinate more or less?

Updates:
Really? I always thought the opposite. I always thought that meant it dehydrates you. Or do you guys mean dehydrates you through the process of urination. I guess that would make sense. I guess my friend wins.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I can say from experience. I once took caffeine tablets as an experiment before a workout as it was an idea to increase energy etc.

Boy a big mistake... I felt like I had bladder issues that first day!

But yes too much caffeine will have that affect

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Caffeine definitely makes you urinate more as it's a diuretic. I avoid it for precisely that reason.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Coffee has a mild diuretic effect.
    It has been posited that this diuretic effect is stronger in people who don't usually drink coffee. However, the jury is still out on this.

As for hydration, there was a study in the UK that was done with adult males that show that drinking moderate amounts of coffee (four 200ml cups) had no effect on their hydration levels. However, the study was done based on a "moderate" amount of coffee. If you drink say, 100 cups of coffee, well... who knows. All bets are off...

For me personally, as an adult male in reasonably good health, coffee doesn't have much of a diuretic effect on me, and I have never had any symptoms of dehydration at all, and as someone who regularly takes part in sports training, I'm always on the lookout for signs of dehydration.

0|0
    0|0
  • More

0|1
    0|0
  • More, caffeinated drinks are diuretics, so pee on!

0|1
    0|0
  • More, caffeine is a diuretic.

0|1
    0|0
  • It dehydrates you because it's a diuretic.

0|1
    0|0
  • More yup

0|1
    0|0
  • Caffeine is diuretic yes.

0|1
    0|0
    • It dehydrates you by making you lose liquids by urination, you were correct just confused

• Yes, definitely.

0|1
    0|0
  • More

0|1
    0|0
  • More often

0|1
    0|0
  • More, caffeine is diuretic , it will make you urinate

0|1
    0|0