Which popular national cuisines do you believe get bastardized the most in other countries?

MountAverage
As a half-Italian myself I'll have to go with Italian cuisine, especially here in America they completely butcher it. Everything is loaded with tons of garlic, cheese, cream, and generally way too many different ingredients and way too much of all of them. Italian dishes are usually very simple in terms of ingredients. Original Alfredo for instance is just with butter and parmesan. Original Carbonara is without any cream. And so on. But in terms of how much different the international versions usually are from their national originals, especially in terms of actual flavors, it's probably Indian and Chinese cuisine. Mexican is another example - even as a neighboring country there's hardly any authentic Mexican food to be found in the US. Japanese cuisine is about precision that is also hard to find anywhere other than in very authentic Japanese restaurants.
I personally don't mind, and actually appreciate it, when classic dishes are being used as a template for new dishes. Although usually they don't improve them and most of the time they're worse, especially Chinese and Italian. But generally speaking that's how cuisines develop and evolve. The only thing that bothers me is how usually they're presented as the authentic dishes and most people then believe it and don't even know what the originals are like. Kinda like with cover songs being more popular than their originals and people don't even know it's a cover. I don't know, it just irritates me.
What about you?
Italian
Chinese
Indian
Vote C
Mexican
Vote D
Other
Vote E
GirlGuy
18 d
Bump
0
2