single parents , how hard is it move away form your older children if you'd only get to visit a couple times a year?

Well quick back ground; I had a family young my kids where almost 2 and 6 when the ex ran off for green pastures so I have basically raised them alone and we are very close.
We moved to city temporary but stayed for the schools and I have never been very happy living here in this area and planed to move after both kids where out (next year for the youngest) If I moved far away the oldest has said he would leave his job (good job he likes) and move with me. The youngest... had plans for military and moving with me But he had dated several girls down here wasn't finding anything special BUT this little Latino import (meant in a good way) that he has know since 6th grade was finally allowed to date him about a 1.5 years ago and his plans have change I can see him keeping her she has far better family values then the other girls he has been with but this is going to mean he will stay here :( or South America.

This has me asking my self where I want to move maybe sacrifice and find something closer then originally planed and if I can actual handle only visiting them a couple times a years?

So the question to all the single parents out there that have moved always for their kids after they get older just hard is it move away form your older children if you'd only get to visit a couple times a year?

.
2
1