Why does my ex continue to send passive aggressive messages towards me on social media?

Without writing a novel on the issue. My ex and I broke up back in May. We have not seen one another physically since the fight we had. A number of times in July I attempted to setup a time to meet up with her so we could hash this entire situation out and reach a conclusion. Every time I was met with a reply saying "I'm really busy, I'll let you know".

For about a month and half now, she's had some odd behavior on social media. Ranging from her sending me a request on the app Quiz up, to unfollowing me on IG & deleting specific photos of us. Last night, I noticed that she decided to follow my blog again. Which is rather weird because two weeks ago we unfollowed one another [I unfollowed her because I was sick of seeing some of the things she was posting].

Nevertheless, my gut tells me that this seems like a cry out for attention. Kind of a way for her to say "Hey! I'm still here". I'm curious why she continues to do random crap like this and not actually communicate via text or with a phone call?

Considering we're both in our mid-twenties and not children. You would think two people who dated for over a year could communicate better.
1
2