Ex girlfriend Comes Back To Me Every Couple of Months?

Ex girlfriend dumped me 10 months ago. She dumped me for another guy and they are still happily together. I see them all the time together in person and all over social media, it's all lovey dovey. But every couple of months she would reach out to me. Send me a text or when in person, she'd leave her boyfriend to come talk to me. I've gotten immune to it, and act like I just don't care. But whenever I try and have a polite conversation with her through text, she would just ignore me. She initiated, now she ignores me? I just don't get it.

She's happy in her relationship that she chose over ours. Why does she reach out to me every couple of months and then give me a cold shoulder again, then the process restarts... It's just so annoying.

Is she insecure about her relationship now and putting me as Option B? Or just doing this all for attention?

Thanks
1
1