Why do women lie so much? I'm not talking about in dating. I mean like to their friends about their hobbies, personality, likes, and dislikes?

Dim_121
Many of my female friends just flat out lie about themselves. The easiest to spot is the fake book worm. Why women lye about really liking books these days is beyond me. No when a girl says she really likes books and should not go onto a book store. I simply test them by asking what book they are reading. One year latter or six months latter. I ask her again 4-7 times it is the same book. 7-7 times they just finished that one and are on to the next book chapter 2. I get feeling like our college noses are always in books but reading several school textbooks does not make you a book worm.
The next obvious thing is that they are or are not a geek. This one is really easy to prove. I normally get women to geek out very easily about their favorite stuff. If I know more than you about it then they obvously only watched the thing once and are using that as their geek credit. While I'm on that road I might as well talk about women saying they play videogames. As a gamer myself I know a lot about games. I'm not a geek so if I know more about something it means that she only saw it once or just looked it up on wiki.
Women most obvously lie about playing games and how good they are. I have nothing against women gamers. I love playing against my female friends that are good. It is when they claim to be and the only thing they play is angry birds and they suck at it. Or they say that they play halo, cod, mariocart. However when they do they try to show you. They get stuck in a corner and you find out that they only play with their brother usually with the controller unplugged.
The next thing they lie about is their likes and dislikes. When I ask my female friends what she likes to do. Usually she will lie and throw in some B's active activities that she likes to do. One of the normal ones to lie about is sports or hiking. Granted she might go on one once in a blue moon. Or she will claim that she was on a hike but that was 6 years ago. Why do women obviously lie to their friends?
3
3