How do you feel about painting with period blood to "empower" women and decrease the stigma of periods?

Anonymous
Apparently two BuzzFeed employees wanted to take a stand against the stigma of periods by painting with, you guessed it, their own period blood. They collected it in menstrual cups and then painted and displayed the artwork to their co-workers.

I want to know what other women, and especially feminists think about this. Personally, I find it to be pretty creepy and unhygienic. Yes, women have periods and we shouldn't be made to feel ashamed of that fact, but that doesn't mean we need to display our period blood to the world. I would feel the same way if someone was painting with any other type of blood or bodily fluids, it's just not something that I want to see and as a woman, I don't feel "empowered" by this at all. But what do you think?

Here is the video
**Viewer Discretion is advised if you have a weak stomach when it comes to blood**
I love it! It's definitely empowering.
I can see how it is empowering to women but I still think it's gross.
This is just disgusting, not empowering, and makes no sense.
Vote C
Other
Vote D
GirlGuy
134
113