Should you keep pursuing a girl even if she acts uninterested in the begging?

Anonymous
A long time ago i realized ( after a lot of compliments, constant looks from girls and the way they treat me ) that girls find me very good looking and some are open to talking to me, so i stopped acting like every girl is the only girl in the world and if a girl doesn't reply to my message, acts uninterested or something i just move on, and dont get me wrong this behavior makes girls like me... but at the same time i never reach what i want with a lot of these girls.

my friend who s above average in terms of looks but doesn't get as much attention as me (and admits iam a pretty hot dude lol) told me that you should keep pursuing the girl, messaging her first and trying to talk even if she sounds uninterested cause girls never make an effort until they are somehow emotionally connected to the guy, so i should keep messaging, and making an effort to talk to the girl i like who shows interest in me and not give up if at some point she doesn't reply.

so what do you think is he right? do girls normally act uninterested even if they like someone or if she likes me then she will always show it? should i keep pursuing a girl who showed signs of interest even if she acts uninterested at some point?
2
2