Did I do the right thing? I REALLY need to know if I'll regret this decision, so please help!

i met a guy last year while I was on vacation in another state. we exchanged numbers and when I got back home, we talked on the phone incessantly.

just two nights after I got home, he told me he loved me. we just seemed to connect with each other on an extremely deep level, even though we hadn't known each other very long. so, figuring he loved me, I asked if he wanted to be my boyfriend. he was more than happy and agreed. we dated for a week, and then he broke up with me via FACEBOOK RELATIONSHIP STATUS. so I blocked him.

a month later, he began texting me again, and he still claimed that he loved me, but never apologized or gave an explanation for why he dumped me like that. since I had no idea where I stood with him, and I thought he had moved on, I moved on and now have a new boyfriend.

he found out, and claimed how hurt he was, saying that he hadn't initiated anything with other girls during this year because of me. he said I need to decide whether we should move on or stay "together".. he claims he thought we were still somewhat "together",

so I broke "it" off with him, because his timing was horrible and he was a jerk to me in the past.

however, I'm worried that ill never find a guy that I can connect with as closely as I connected with him. our conversations were deeper than any convos I've ever had with a guy before. should I have kept him in the picture?
1
1