Why does my ex-girlfriend give such mixed signals?

She broke up with me a couple months ago saying she sees me as more of a friend now. Right after the break up she always looked for reasons to contact me and would say she misses me, etc. and I would keep my responses short, or just ignore her. However, lately we've gone back to talking a lot, basically everyday despite her saying she didn't want to get back into 'old habits' yet she's the one who usually initiates it. She's back in town from school and has said a bunch of things she wants to do together but insists on it not seeming like a date (though I think everything we do together will feel like one which I said to her). Also, I've seen her like a few tweets like "why aren't they thinking about me the same way I am about them?" and shit like that. I left out so many little things she does that makes it seem like she misses me and still does feelings or maybe is just attached, I don't know, but it has me so confused. It's like she just doesn't want to admit it and I think directly bringing it up would force her hand which wouldn't go well.

I'm starting to think the issue is pressuring her. That's what I think was part of why she wanted to break up too, she felt overwhelmed and smothered. Should I just hang out with her as friends and talk to her as friends to see if maybe her true feelings will eventually be revealed and she can bring it up on her own? I'm not sure if that's the problem, but it's the only real thing that makes sense. She also gets a little flirty too though if I'm the one who initiates the flirting she doesn't seem as receptive. She's just very hot and cold. So what's the best thing to do? I think if we took things slow, our relationship would come back much stronger and that this is what we really needed.
2
2