Do you think promiscuous women became promiscuous because they had bad relationships in the past where they got used or betrayed by the man?

Do you think promiscuous women became promiscuous because they had bad relationships in the past where they got used or betrayed by the man?
  • Yes.
    Vote A
  • No.
    Vote B
  • Other (explain)
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• In some cases yes, you have a good woman who believes in commitment paired with a serial-cheater who broke her down in every sense to the point that she no longer believes in meaningful relationships only to trust another man who claims he’s “different” but who also in fact proved to be the same as the ex. But that’s just one way of looking at it. There could be other reasons for “promiscuous” behavior. I hate that word though, almost implies that just because a woman is sexually in tune with her wants and sexual needs that it is wrong.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• No, I think it's usually because they are horny, have a high libido, really like men, etc. The ones I've known were just friendly outgoing girls. They enjoy people, having a good time, partying, companionship.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 13

• That too is a reason. Women or i shld say "girls" who were caught in a bad relationship tend to lose the interest in love and in its beleifs. This might change their mindset on the same and would be more open to a physical relationship than an emotional one. It's all in their head. But there are instances where women so worry about commitments or they know it's not gonna work out and they like to make the best of their youth and age.

0|1
    0|0
  • Promiscuous meaning they enjoy sex? I want to understand what you're definition is.

0|1
    0|1
    • It's more used to mean this: Having casual sexual relations frequently with different
      partners; indiscriminate in the choice of sexual
      partners.

• Isn't that what some dudes do?

• Nah, some people just don't want the commitment but like sex, some people just start off way o it while some may gradually become way of it, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong though

0|1
    0|0
  • I start not giving a shit about people in high school. I am in college girls are freaks. Not in a good way. I only mature girl as well my best mate. I fine with boy/guys.

0|1
    0|0
  • No.
    Most women who are promiscuous choose to be so right from the beginning. Before they've dated anyone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Interesting theory. The first guy I got with was a complete asshole and I kind of stopped caring about people calling me slutty after that. Then again I also had some good serious relationships.

0|0
    0|0
  • Women are promiscuous just as men are, nothing wrong about it.

0|1
    0|1
  • I wouldn't be surprised if that was so. There are other reasons though.

0|1
    0|0
  • No I think they had bad experiences growing up

0|2
    0|0
  • Some women do because of that reason.

0|0
    0|0
  • Could be both honestly

0|1
    0|0
  • I just wanted to see the results.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah probably because of their past experience.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 13

• Statistically speaking women who have poor relationships with their fathers, or none at all, are more likely to be promiscuous. Women are also more likely to be promiscuous based upon how early their first sexual experience was. Part of the reason some psychologist have started to consider it might be a form of self harm. I think for other women its due to self esteem issues.

0|1
    0|1
  • It is because they can get away with it. In the past the woman might have had to face being called a whore by the entire community, have been stoned to death, or at least stuck raising a child on her own. Now women have lots of birth control options, and are actually encouraged to act that way. They also have jobs, child support, and welfare to fall back on if they do end up raising a kid on their own.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's normally low self-esteem.

This can be caused by what you describe, but there are also many, many other factors which can cause it.

Anybody who believes that this is the sole root cause is a simpleton.

0|1
    0|1
  • Not always, but it’s definitely a possibility for sure. Some women are just biologically wired differently than other women, leading them to engage in certain behaviors more than others.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think issues with their father is the main cause. It's completely possible for a woman to be promiscuous because she rationally chose to by the way, but I think this type of woman is in the minority.

0|1
    0|0
  • This is way to over generalized "promiscuous" is poorly defined. However, it's probably close to a billion people... A group that large? Categories and generalizations begin to loose their functionality.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it depends on the individual. I'm sure some women are promiscuous because they are less shamed by society than decades before.

0|1
    0|0
  • i think its the same as us except its less gratifying for them to have hookups on an emotional level where as we get a huge mental boost

0|1
    0|1
  • If you think this as a man then you are a feminist appeaser.
    If a woman thinks this then she is a feminazi.

0|2
    0|0
  • I think it is usually just because they like to screw.

0|2
    0|0
  • I think that some PEOPLE like to be sluts male or female.

0|1
    0|0
  • No. Women have agency.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, and if you believe that you're a sucker.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes