There is a cute girl in my group for a project, but I can't tell if she's single?

Normally this wouldn't be too much of an issue as I could just talk to her and find out. The thing is, there's a guy in the class that I can't tell whether or not she's with. They're always together in the class and sometimes on the bus on the way back to campus. The thing is, I don't really see any signs of them actually dating. No outward affection, no hugging, kissing, or really any bodily contact. He even chose to be in another group. So, are they just good friends or are they together? (also its a small major where everyone knows each other - I'm new, so I don't - and there are other guys and girls in the class that aren't dating, but spend most of their time in the class together)
1
3