Lady friend says we are only friends but acts like we are in a relationship 💁?

Okay I have a lady friend we are like best friends, we go to the movies out to eat to night clubs and dance together, we talk about anything and everything. The weird part is she is so quick to tell everyone we are just only friends, but then if another woman hits on me let's say like at a bar, she will get jealous and either pull me away or purposely interrupt the conversation so the other woman will leave, but if a guy she finds attractive hits on her I am supposed to be okay with it because we are only friends. She even tells her family when they ask why don't you get with him she says that we are only friends and we get along better that way, the problem is you can't have it both ways you are either only friends or dating or friends with benefits, I do believe that deep down she likes me as more than a friend but she also likes the benefits of friends like no commitment no worries and just plain fun. This is mentally draining and confusing for me, how is it that I'm not allowed to be hit on but if she gets hit on it's okay?
2
2