What are your thoughts on this Feminist Breastfeeding the baby in St Peter's Square in Vatican City to protest?

A topless FEMEN activist tried to breastfeed a baby in St Peter's Square in Vatican City to protest the Catholic Church’s stance on abortion, the LGBT+ community and violence towards women.

* I Agree and support her protest, But the way she is doing that is Ridiculous ! *
  • I Agree with her completely and support her.
    Vote A
  • I Disagree with her Completely
    Vote B
  • I support her protest, But i disagree with the way she is doing that.
    Vote C
  • Why do feminists have to be topless or naked to make a point? The attention they draw is always the wrong kind. Have they really got nothing other than that?
    Vote D
  • What are your thoughts on this Feminist Breastfeeding the baby in St Peter's Square in Vatican City to protest?Poor Tiddles.
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I agree with her protest on it, but not the way she's going at it

0|3
    0|0
  • @ people saying "she should have done it differently" or "she could have done it better", y'all don't even seem to understand what a protest is. What's the point of protesting if it doesn't have a little shock value? The whole point is to garner any kind of attention and to open up discussions about it. Do you guys really think she would have been able to do that without doing something out of the ordinary? Sometimes just a sign with words on it isn't enough.
    I really hate how the policemen were aggressive with her, though. She had a baby in her arms. Crowding her like that could have ended badly.
    Ridiculous that there are massive billboards of practically half-naked models everywhere yet a woman using her breasts in a way they were *meant* to be used naturally, is somehow seen as "distasteful" or "shameful".

0|1
    0|1

Most Helpful Guys

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• Perhaps she should try it in the middle East if she wants to protest abortion, the LGBT+ community and violence towards women and see what happens.
    It's an absolute disgrace her using her child that way as a political prop. When you enter another country it's important to obey the rules of that land and respect the culture. This woman is clearly a religious bigot.

1|4
    0|0
  • She could have gone about it another way. Traditional Catholic women cover their heads with mantillas for piety and modesty so baring the breasts is quite radical in that situation.

1|1
    0|0
    • I was raised Catholic and I can tell you that I have seen a lot worse in church.

• The Vatican is full of semi-nude sculptures and paintings. Provided she wasn't dressed like that inside of St. Peter's Basillica I don't really have a problem with it. If the video panned out you would see tons of sculptures with exposed breasts and genitals. This obsession with nudity especially of the breasts is actually relatively recent in human history. Even in times where the ankle was considered scandalous breasts were considered rather innocuous. They have medieval painting of church congregations where women vary visibly have their breast out and are feeding a baby. Breast are only as sexual as we choose to make them. Their sole purpose is to feed babies, they are no more involved in sex then the neck, the lips and the hands are.

1|1
    0|0
  • I mean, but she could have done way better.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 17

• Why tho? that's the worst kind of protesting, people just love to yell, I've seen things that are wrong, I talk to the mayor, sen emails, collect signatures, even call the news station just to nag them, but yelling in the streets goes nowhere

0|3
    0|0
  • She knows what is about to happen if she does it. People will come and push and shove her and try to cover it up. Still she carries a young child making him/her vulnerable. How stupid?

0|2
    0|0
  • It's certainly not violent protest. I didn't follow this, but as far as I'm understanding it wasn't violent. Good enough for me. I support her.

0|2
    0|1
  • I don't get what she was trying to protest. The Catholic church is pro life and not believe in abortion. Is she saying that abortion is good?

0|2
    0|0
  • Should not be using an infant for political purposes.. not safe.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think it's wrong what she's doing:
    - If you are going to protest bringing a child could be dangerous for him/her if anyone get violent during the protest for some reason (People are stupid so things can get violent for any reason)
    - I think she should be sitting, the way she's holding her baby just to be standing protesting while feeding seems very insecure, the baby could've easly been droped when the police grabbed her.

If she want's to protest naked and doing anything she wants with her body is fine, just don't put your kid in a vulnerable situation to prove a point, that's stupid in my opinion.

0|1
    0|0
  • Why the obsession with nudity? Someone is the father of that kid and is probably thinking, "what the hell wife? That's only for me and our child to see. Stop showing off to the world."

I support breast feeding in public, but with a blanket. I've seen a woman have a blanket covering made specifically for breastfeeding in Cracker Barrel. I thought it was a cool invention.
    Also, feminists aren't getting the attention they want when they protest nude. They just get gawkers. And I hate to break it to ya but breasts are inherently sexual. It's evolutionary biology.

0|2
    0|0
    • Also I don't agree with using children to further your political goals.

• Show All
    • @SirRexington You saying I have replied to your posts before? LOL. No idea. well, whatever, enjoy Cracker Barrell

• @Jonny317 what's your beef with Cracker Barrel? Why is THAT what you've focused your attention on?

• Right. Because it's somehow okay to be rude and disruptive in someone's holy place if it's, uh, a political protest. This is exactly the same sort of thing as painting swastikas on synagogues.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's extremely ridiculous that women can't breastfeed anywhere. How are they supposed to feed their baby? As for if she sould have done the protest, the only way to move positive change sometimes is to protest.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's a very odd way to protest

1|3
    0|0
  • honestly at this point who tf cares.

0|2
    0|0
  • Someone needs to slap the fuck out of her.

0|1
    0|0
  • There are better methods of protesting.

0|1
    0|0
  • Lol, good move.

0|1
    0|1
  • nice, ill visit these kind of protest in the near future

0|2
    0|0
  • I Agree with her completely and support her.

0|2
    0|1

Recommended myTakes