Why do so many girls want to be blonde?

I’m a natural blonde. I was and still get bullied because of the stereotypes. People like to assume I’m a slut (I have girls come up to me and tell me to stay away from their boyfriend who I don’t know), that I’m really dumb and that I have way more fun. In reality I’m a virgin by choice in which I was, what I call “virgin shamed” by my friends. I’ve taught myself many things that no one I know would really care to learn and they are blown away by my knowledge of that and I am very introverted so I like to be alone but that doesn’t mean I’m not social and don’t have fun.

The stereotyping got so bad I actually dyed my hair brown before but then I saw some girls dying their hair blonde and I’m like “why? Do you want to be stereotyped as well?”

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Get new friends. I'm a introvert too. I've learned most people are dumb as shit when they together like the IQ level drops. I get told to go to bars or hook up with some slutty chick cuz she fucks. People worry about my penis a lot.

1|0
    0|0
    • I was told the same thing. I usually stop talking to those people who tell me that.

• I tend to do the opposite of what normal people say to do I've even asked things on here and still do what I wanna do lol

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it kinda sucks when a girl who looks naturally beautiful with dark hair goes blonde. I'm half Hispanic half white so I ended up getting the dark hair from the Hispanic side of the family. and i'd hate to ever turn it blonde. now I'm not going to deny that I've put dye to it before, but like red, blue or purple at the ends that's it.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 17

• You probably live in some religious, backwards country. It's different in progressive countries.

3|0
    0|0
  • I've seen the stereotype in the opposite direction as well. The blonde being the wholesome 'girl next door', while the brunette is the sultry vamp.

If anyone thinks hair color (or any appearance quality) determines your character, they are morons and not worth your time.

1|0
    0|0
  • Blonde is the most attractive hair color for girls in my opinion. Or I guess it became a general opinion. They all wanna be blonde to attract guys till they become slutty about it making it a stereotype. And they're probably jealous of actual blondes so they shame them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well some of the girls dying their hair blond may do so to become some if those stereotyoes or to attract the attention that they believe people who fit those stereotyoes get

1|0
    0|0
  • You got 90s shows like bay watch to thank and supermodels like pam anderson but blond hair and big boobs ain't everything most real men just want a real down to earth chick and hair color dont matter i know i never told a girl no because of her hair color thats trivial

0|0
    0|0
  • As a fellow introvert (and a particularly rare case to boot), I'd say you really need to harness the IDGAF ideal/attitude. It became easier for me to move forward when I stop caring for the less productive chatter surrounding me. I find myself far more upbeat and pleasant knowing that I am exactly who I choose to be, regardless of anyone else's opinion. I often say, "People either love me or they hate me, but there is no in between." I am quite alright with that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont' think that's stereotyping, I think that's just women being bitchy and backstabbing (that's kind of a thing with women).

0|0
    0|0
  • They bully you because of your exotic beauty. You shouldn't dye your hair. Blonde is the best.

1|0
    0|0
  • Blondes are beautiful lol don’t worry about it. People will always try to criticise when they feel inferior.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because light hair accents darker features and makes girls look better.

0|0
    0|0
  • some girls make it look pretty maybe thats why and not all girls get stereotype well at least that ik of and that sucks that u do

0|0
    0|0
  • because men prefer blondes and brain is usually no longer valued by men,,

0|0
    0|1
  • In the end it doesn't even matter.

It's just hair color and if you're a natural blonde then be proud of it and don't change it.

0|0
    0|0
  • They think it makes them look cute. i Like natural hair colour.

0|0
    0|0
  • Blonde usually looks better

0|0
    0|0
  • It makes me sick when a Latina goes blonde. It's like they're self hate and wanna be a white girl. They don't wanna be a person of color

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah I can see that as being annoying to

• Sorry for stereotypinf you. When I see a blonde I see a sex symbol. Being a blonde is good cuz all guys like you

• That's pretty weak... but you can have my validation, you're a smart and beautiful blonde virgin that other girls are jealous of.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• I get it. I'm a natural blonde and my older sister's a red head. She took immense pleasure in telling all sorts of "dumb blonde" jokes when I was too little to know how to stand up for myself. I tried changing it to black in h. s. for an 'edgier' look; but it didn't work out. Now, I'm back to blonde, even though it's very on trend to be a brunette these days. My opinion is those people who actually BELIEVE the jokes; are too stupid to change for.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m A Natural Blonde I love it the way it is I got same reaction I told the girl I could careless About her ugly boyfriend and I am into girls and your not not my type.

0|0
    0|0
  • well guys are more attracted to blondes and usually they are more pretty ones

0|0
    2|0
  • It's consider classic, and makes your face brighter... I think. 😉

0|0
    0|0
  • Never had an issue. What country do you live in?

0|0
    0|1
    • Show All
    • I’ve been asked if I’m Swedish or Scandinavian in general but my background is German. But Canada is also a very diverse country with many races and ethnicities.

• Weird, I didn't know blonde hair was considered strictly northern European by some people. But screw those people, people are always going to ffind things to judge you for. Try not to let it bring you down!

• I wonder if I can look better if I am blonde.

0|0
    0|0
  • I only get blonde highlights

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a blonde as well and have also gone to brunette a few times just to "hide" and feel more normal. The way people treat blondes is terrible. I don't like the extra attention and also I'm at the point where I feel like any time someone compliments me or says I'm pretty- they actually just like that I'm blonde, not that my face is actually attractive or anything.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah same. I decided to dye the top half of my hair bleach blonde and the bottom/underside half burgundy red. I got so many compliments from strangers that I’m keeping it this way because no one has made any assumptions about my blonde hair

Recommended myTakes