How did you get over someone you thought was into you?

Maybe I'm having some pride right now, I thought if a guy was really into me he wouldn't stop trying to talk to me, he just kept walking by me and running into me, I realise a guy will stop approaching me because I may of seem uninterested, but the thing is I'm very shy when it comes to guys I'm attracted to and into. I'm pretty inexperienced and have this non chalent thing about me, I have this amazing poker face.

I really was and still kind of interested in him. I did eventually reach out to him on social media but he rejected and blocked me lol 😖 months later I see he has unblocked me but I dare not reach out to him. What do you think I should do? Move on or wait or just block him so I can move on?
Updates:
Thanks everybody for the help!
He rejected my follow request*

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• If he's not going to show full interest in you the first time then it's probably not going to happen the second time. It's like trying to get back with an ex when so many bad things have gone wrong... You can try and talk to him but I believe it won't fully come out the way you want.

It also sounds like you deserve someone that will give you their fullest attention even if it means being friends before jumping into a relationship... He didn't give you that the first time around

2|0
    0|0
    • But isn't it my fault I couldn't even get the ball rolling because I wasn't participating?

• That is up to you, but I still think he could've still been friends... It doesn't sound like he showed any interest in you

• He definitely was chasing me, that still means no interest?

• If you reached out and he blocked you, it's still up to him to reach out because you're the one who reached out most recently. You don't need to block him, but you shouldn't wait around for him either. Try not to obsess over him and just live life, and then either he or someone else will come around eventually.

1|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I understand you very much cuz I am in the similar situation now : I like a guy who doesn't search but you know what, you don't get over someone just by blocking him, you move on just by living your life and not thinking of him... I spent loads of time thinking of this guy but as I am not sure he does the same, I didn't want to get hurt so now I am just moving on. Yeah, I like him, but I don't wanna be the guy of the situation. Somehow I got that if he doesn't search for me, he doesn't want it. Hope what I told you can help you some how to move on.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thanks 😔
      I hope you feel better

• Show All
    • Message me if you want I am new here and still can't sent a message for first

• He probably did like you at one point but you took too long to make a move and so he moved on. Same thing happened to me and that’s what the guy told me. I moved on (even though it hurt) and you should too.

2|1
    0|0
    • Oh and the guy blocked me as well because I was being too “dramatic” when I asked him about it. Lol

• Dang 😓

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 40

• 👏😭 I think we all guys or girls can take something out of this heartbreaking story.
    I was in your position back in high school. And it crushed me so bad it got me into a depression that took me a while to get over it. I guess I got really hurt because she was one of those soul mate type people, the ones where your insides start warming the first time you see that person. Sadly enough, I think I had it worst than you. I am the guy and I was expected to go and approach her but back then I was shy way too shy. And because I didn't had a father figure growing up or good friend support never manage to have the courage to approach her neither knew how. When eventually I did, it was too late not only that she turn to be one of the worst people I have ever met.
    Man that fucked me so bad I grew cold, I promised to myself if I managed to pull out of that one I would change my life for ever. I would never be shy again, no matter what the situation was. After having the bitter taste of depression, been embarrassed or shy was nothing.

Only true advice I can give you as someone that has been there and done that is, time will heal the pain. Let it go and let your brain forget those memories. That guy is not for you, and if it does work out it will not be for long. If there was true lasting love it wouldn't have got to that point. He or you would of have said fuck it, risk it all and go for that date proposal. But non of you got to that point, meaning your fears we're stronger than the feeling you had for each other. And that is not love you have. So the only thing you can do is let it go and keep searching.

0|0
    0|0
  • if you're just "kind of interested" it doesn't really sound like it would be a disaster if you miss out on him. if you guys wouldve had a special chemistry going i think you wouldve known by now maybe?

2|0
    0|0
  • Delete and stop contact

1|0
    0|0
  • He blocked you cause he had option, maybe? I dont like be an option to anyone because I know how that feels... relationship isn't suppose to be convenient for you or anyone else. You have to work for it. Effort from both side.

1|0
    0|0
    • But I think he was working towards it I just wasn't reciprocating... Now what?

• Show All
    • Exactly. thanks

• You're welcome.

• I would just move on, if the pieces don't fit keep looking for the one that does. Even if your cram the pieces one you get to the end it will be just a little off.

1|0
    0|0
    • Very nice analogy I liked that makes perfect sense Thanks!

• Oh good I'm glad, hope it all works out!

• Relationship is like a loose dog, if you run from it, it will chase you, if you run towards it, it will run away! He only wanted you because you didn't want him, once you are happy all by yourself, most men will be attracted to you, to heal faster know your worth!

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm still trying lol, it's been several months.

In your case (as with mine), you've been blocked (or ghosted) once, that's enough for me. I won't make contact ever again unless THEY do first. But even then, to block or ghost someone is immature, disrespectful and selfish (unless they are harassing you or something?). So, if they think that little of me... I'm done.

0|0
    0|0
  • I moved to another country for a job and thought about what i was doing to my life for em... Now i may miss em but i m not bound to talk to em.. or think about em all the time... Its just a memory not a person now...

1|0
    0|0
  • When someone plays hard to get, they can keep playing that on their own, I am not into that.

At least be kind and friendly, when you are into someone, no one is so desperate to keep on trying forever.

0|1
    0|0
  • Do better next time! Relax.

Say hi enthusiastically with a smile. This will express a desire to communicate with him or the next guy and put him/them at ease. Then whilst still smiling at them look at them to see if they say something else.

If a guy feels comforted by you greeting him they'll feel far less uncertain about you when speaking, then you can enjoy your interactions and not feel on edge.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd say you can either move on and forget about him and when you see him again or run into him just say hi nice to see you again and leave it at that, no need for small talk cos he was a d*ck to you. Or you could send him a message since he unblocked you by asking him if he wants to talk to you or not, if he says he does then you have a chance if not well you will have to just move on and don't give him another thought cos he's not worth your time 😉

0|0
    0|0
  • There is a lot at play here. I could offer a simple reply but you gain zero insight on what you did to get result that occurred.

Part of the answer is your question.
    The other half would come from experience.

You said you have a poker face, nonchalant, seem unintetested, and your prideful yet shy.

Hmmmm does that sound to you like the ingredients to attract a man?
    Just reflect on it as while we dive into this.
    I would suggest you could turn it around if you do these simple things

Poker face < show emotion
    Nonchalant < show interest
    Pride < sweet

On average if a girl shows zero incidators of interest there is zero logic in pursuing her.

Men are primarily logical, secondarily emotional.

So now you have the tools you can decide whether you will use them

3|0
    0|0
  • It's normal for teenagers haha. I think you guys need to talk so that the misunderstanding can be possibly eradicated. Best wishes.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's always the same for me - I get a big crush on someone, I spend too much time with that person and then I get rapidly bored of their company and subsequently go off of them

0|0
    0|0
  • Move on and do what you feel necessary to move on easier ;)

1|0
    0|0
  • If you really are still interested in him then give it a go. You never know if you dont try

0|0
    0|0
  • what Rita implied I didn't know that anybody can earn $8805 in a few weeks on the computer. navigate to this site www. spikecash. comllll

0|0
    0|0
  • I looked deep into myself to find out why it bothered me in the first place.

0|0
    0|0
  • move on, if he didn't like you the first time round, why make an even bigger effort, you shouldn't have to be your best to impress someone:)

0|0
    0|0
  • Better not to approach him again. .

Both of you could have made it beautiful in the first case. .

0|0
    0|0
    • 😕 Damn haha now I feel bad

• More from Guys

What Girls Said 26

• As soon as someone doesn't like me, my feelings fizzle away pretty quickly. I get turned off by someone not being into me.

3|4
    0|0
    • I am like you too. I can't understand why i couldn't forget this one girl for two years even after she blocked me many times

• MOVE ON! He rejected and blocked you to make it clear. And no need to block him out of anger/hurt, as that is kind of immature. The thing is you made an inaccurate assumption of his possible feelings and now you are hurt. Don't blame him, as he really didn't do anything wrong, based on your info.

1|0
    0|0
  • Move on. He sounds like a boy not a man.. trust me. You don't want to get involved with a man child.

1|0
    0|0
  • HUN BLOCK HIM.

u should have never even checked up on him.

He is a prick and u know what I know what ur going through.

I knew a guy from high school and we did like each other in high school but it just didn't work out and fast forward 10 years later I have a kid I'm single...

I reached out to the guy because he was my friend and we did lose touch and I'm heated reconnect with me and talk to me he did not see pictures of me and stuff but we just messaged each other on messenger and then we video chat at one time on Skype.

What happened was he was flirting hard with me I didn't want to pursue it I just want him as a friend but thought it was really sweet and stuff.
    When I had to put my phone down because he asked to see if I was wearing pants or not which I wasn't I showed him just my laying nothing inappropriate...
    Not more than like 5 minutes later the Skype call disconnected and he did not return my messages you did not accept my calls that's because the next day he explained you put on the way and stuff like that it's like really.
    He told me that I needed to lose weight for him to ever want to think about dating me and he was going to find somebody that would look a f****** hell lot better to me it's like wow that really hurt I didn't even pursue this guy he pursued me.

The point is...
    BLOCK THE GUY.
    He isn't worth ur time

0|0
    0|0
  • Just leave it alone. Time heals all wounds. If he likes you he will reach out but don't bet your bottom dollar on it (keep your options and eyes open) your whole non chalent thing probably made him feel rejected. You should learn better ways to express your liking. Practice flirting with other guy friends maybe? Don't block him, but move on or post some cute pics maybe he will creep on you and it will make him wanna talk to you. Goodluck

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm literally asking the same question right now about a guy. I just think why the hell dose he go to so much effort for me all the time and keep talking to me if he doesn't want to be with me. The only conclusion I've gotten so far from it is he must just like female attention or is just a really nice guy and saw I needed help

0|0
    0|0
  • I dated this guy for 3 months & he ghosted me. I guess he doesn't want more. It has been 4 months since & I still can't get over but I believe time will heal.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I would say that's your own fault and move on, also work on your confident and do it better the next time

0|0
    0|0
  • The same thing happened to me this week I was dating this guy for like six months and he seem completely interested in me and he blocked me abruptally and sudden, I don't know why? I don’t think it’s because he’s interested in someone else because when that happens (eyes if this is your case) he slowly fades away and stop reaching out to you, but this guy abruptally deleted me and I don’t know why lol. He’s and idiot he’s not worth it. Move on you don’t need to stress over this you’ll thank me later.

0|2
    0|0
  • omg im just like you. i would honestly reach out to him and casually ask him why he blocked you. you have nothing to loose.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t know hun. I’m going through something similar myself. It just flat out sucks.

0|0
    0|0
    • Wanna tell me a liitle about it and I can help? I'm pretty good at advice when it's not my own

• Issue*

• Find a distraction or someone that was actually into me

1|2
    0|0
  • I've found that it just takes time.

It took me quite a while to get over one guy I thought had been into me, but really had just been inside me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Thought realistically about if they actually did and weren’t playing too many games with my head.. was it worth it? Do their actions add up or even maybe their comments?(most of all actions) i found out thankfully from my mother, a few events with a pattern, and so forth that he was actually interested in another woman and were involved with each other.. it was hard trying to process it most through my heart, but i thought about it carefully and things jus didn’t add up. I’m happy I’ve been able to move on and that i was a good friend of his.

0|0
    0|0
  • Move on, he blocked you for a reason, if he was interested he'd reach out to you first

1|0
    0|0
  • I tried to take my life and started looking at dank memes to fill the void in my heart.

0|0
    0|0
  • Try blocking him and avoiding him in as much as possible. Find something ti distract you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nice artical and story

0|0
    0|0
  • i'm going through this right now, dude said he liked me then after a year just told me it was just "infatuation"

0|1
    0|0
  • Rebound

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes